KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

hi i have a ignis awd593 the service light has come on,

Customer Question

hi i have a ignis awd593 the service light has come on, i have cleaned the waste pump filter , a couple of coins, the pump runs ok, i think i had it on drain only and the pump runs , but if you put it on any other selection it runs the waste pump for a few seconds then the red service light comes on

thanks
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

about 4-5 years old

Customer:

4-5 years old may 2009

KevinWhiteJA :

OK thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

do you see any flashing lights as well ?

KevinWhiteJA :

or any error code flashing ?

Customer:

there is no digital display on this model only the red service light and the red clean pump light.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, can you please pull it out and then clean the drain pump assembly completely

KevinWhiteJA :

after this is done with the unit unplugged lay the washer on its side so that if there is any excess water it drains off completely

Customer:

yes i have cleaned the white pump assembly, this is a intergrated unit so putting on its side would be a problem but i can remove the water with a vacs water vac the pump spins no problem (when looking in through the filter housing ) , when i put it on drain only hope this helps

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you take the bottom panel off to locate the pump and then take the hoses off to clean it

KevinWhiteJA :

as the pump runs fine I believe still something is stuck in there

Customer:

yeah i can do that , but unfortunatley not just yet as i have to go to work now , will that be a problem

KevinWhiteJA :

no

KevinWhiteJA :

no problem at all

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....

Customer:

ok will do that tomorrow, do i get back in touch if that solves the problem

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure....If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

do i get in touch via this site again

Customer:

cheers

Customer:

wayne

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that's right you can reply via the email you will receive

Customer:

cheers kevin

KevinWhiteJA :

Cheers

Customer:

hi kevin decided to have a look ,dont start work till 9pm . i stripped out the pump and there is nothing stuck in the pump. i then put the vac on the waste outlet to check no blockage all ok, i put a couple of glasses of water in to the pump and put the lid on and ran it in drain only , the pump is running but not pumping the water so i assume the pump is at fault , what do you think

Customer:

cheers

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes do you also hear a faint hum ?

KevinWhiteJA :

from the pump ?

Customer:

well just the pump run noise, i tried without the lid so i could see it running , i know the lid /filter is part of the pump , but it was just to try. it makes all the right noises but just does not pump , could the white part and the lid be at fault cos like i say the pump is spinning fine ?

KevinWhiteJA :

there is a small impeller inside the pump that should not be stuck...but as the pump is not pumping the water it is the pump that has to be replaced

Customer:

cheers , just as i thought, thanks for the help i will get a pump sorted and then fingers crossed

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

KevinWhiteJA :

Cheers Wayne

Customer:

cheers

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fiTed new pump but service light still comes on the waste pump now pumps the waste is there a reset procedure ? cheers

Yes, Plug it back and press & hold the START button for around 20 seconds to reset the controls
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried that , waste pumps runs for approx 10 secs then the service light comes on, i have held the start button for 20-30 secs with the programme timer on a programme and also when in the off postion , but the service light still comes on , any idea

cheers

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure if you got last post cheers

Service light comes on because the washer thinks something is wrong with the unit, if you are sure new pump is correctly installed and everything is clean then lay the washer on its side by around 45 degrees and tell me if any water comes out of the unit...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

turned washer on its side no water comes out, pump is installed fine , simple 2 pipes and plug connection

Please check the wire harness from the control to the drain pump...is the timer working fine ..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do i check that

You will have to take the fascia off the unit and then check all the connections to the control...disconnect and reconnect the connectors...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will try that now

cheers

Thanks, let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the polystyrene disc at the bottom of the machine , looks like some sort of tip switch or sensor ?

Yes just tap that switch with a screw driver and if it is stuck in down position just unstuck it .