Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Janome 4900 Memory craft is showing "Error 1" Help ple

Customer Question

My Janome 4900 Memory craft is showing "Error 1"
Help please!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your sewing machine?
Have you tried a full reset?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael
The machine is 6 years old and I have not tried a reset and do not know how to do this

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank Pat,
Please unplug the unit for 2 hours then plug it back in, let me know if you still have the same issue.
thank you
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael

The Machine has been unused for 2 days and still shows "E1 Error" on the screen

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat, has it been unplugged that long?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it has been unplugged and unused for 2 days

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat, the errors on this machine are vague but try this first,the bobbin winder is in the the on position. Push it to the off position.
Please let me know if this helps, we have a lot of possible solutions for this error.
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Pat.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bobbin Winder is in "off" postion and has not been altered

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat have you tried to remove it and replace it? Please do that with the unit unplugged.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unable to remove Bobbin Winder Have removed and replaced Bobbin case with same Error message coming up

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat why cant you remove the bobbin winder? Is it stuck?
Thank you Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for delay, computer crashed.

The Bobbin winder is situated on the top of the machine and appears impossible to remove.

The bobbin case has been removed and replaced with the same result ie Error E1

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi this is not likely the issue anyway but that error is an indication that its likely in need of serious service. Its not all that bad as it sounds but its likely in need of a sensor or a main control board.' This really can only be determined by a sewing machine repair center an specialized rest equipment is needed to determine what is wrong.
I wish I had better news for you I really do, but if you let me know your area state and town I can help you local a reputable service center to have this checked.
Thank you Pat.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your advice.

I live in Shropshire UK Address of a local Service Centre would be helpful Patricia

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat please use this site, let me know how it goes.
http://www.fixitexperts.co.uk/sewing-machine/bridgnorth/shropshire/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike
Contacted the site you recommended but no response so far.

Most frustated.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pat,
if they still do not reply to you by Monday I will look for another good one for you;-)
Have a great weekend!
Tech Mike