Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

we have an Exxcel 7 Varioperfect washing machine. It has been

Customer Question

we have an Exxcel 7 Varioperfect washing machine. It has been jumping the time elapsed in the easy care and the spin cycle, originally leaping from 12 mins to zero, while making a nasty grinding noise and not draining very satisfactorily. This morning after it leaked halfway through the easy care cycle, we cleared out the filter - a couple of bits and bobs found! it then ran on the quick cycle with less grinding, but has now stopped, with one minute to go and the icon which looks like a full laundry basket is flashing - which it was doing before…..do we need to call out a technician?

yours,

Kate Wiseman
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello Kate,
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
This is indicative of a bad drain pump.
Its easy to replace with only a few basic hand tools.
I will assist you with this.
Here is the best place to get that part.
0844 9777 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT land lines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
I will stick with you on this until your washer is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Kate for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what does the flashing laundry basket icon mean?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kate, that means that the unit isn't draining as it should;-)
I will be here for you please ask any other questions, and are you going to replace the pump yourself?
Tech Michael