canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a thetford n112 LCD curved front fridge. Error code

Customer Question

I have a thetford n112 LCD curved front fridge. Error code 8 is flashing on electric setting all the time. Any ideas
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

canuck the pro :

The problem would be the thermister. From inside of the fridge remove the thermister from the fins and unplug the wires. With a multi-meter set it on Ohms, touch the wires with the probes/ does not matter which probe to wire/ hold the bulb end of the thermister between your fingers, your reading should read at about 7000 Ohms. Stick the bulb end of the thermister in a glass of ice water, reading should start climbing and go to about 22000 Ohms. If this happens the thermister is good and you need to look elsewhere. If it does not test out you need to replace the thermister. The thermister is a thermostat that controls the heat source that makes the fridge cool. If the thermister reads good then there is likely a PCB issue.

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : Great! My thetford fridge as stated shows fault code 8 and service spanner icon when on electric. I changed the powerboard and the LCD pcb as switch was broken on that.
canuck the pro :

Very good! Sounds like you had all the bases covered except for one,eh?

canuck the pro :

A small amount of testing will confirm what we suspect.

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : Would that be the A/C heating element?
canuck the pro :

It looks like this

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : What is that part
canuck the pro :

That is the thermistor

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : Is it easy to fit?
canuck the pro :

Very very easy. Pretty much just unplug it. the white piece unplugs. You might have to pinch it on the tabs to remove. It should not take a lot of force to unplug.

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : Where is this found on the fridge, also what would be the thetford part no. Please
canuck the pro :

What is the model number of the fridge? I want to confirm which thermistor. It may take me about 10 minutes to confirm.

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : N112 LCD curved front fitted in a 2010 elddis caravan
canuck the pro :

Apparently that fridge has different codes. Are you operating on battery?

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : Mains electric hook up
canuck the pro :

The error indicates lower than 20% on the battery. Can you confirm the camper fuse for the fridge is not needing replacing?

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : This fuse is located where? Am not at caravan storage at the moment
canuck the pro :

In the electrical panel of the camper. Sounds like the only issue is that the fridge is still running off of battery and the fuse is preventing A/C power.

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : Ok but I won't be able to check that till Thursday at the earliest. Will I be able to reconnect with someone if the fault persists
canuck the pro :

Yes. The chat will still be open. We can continue then, no problem.

JACUSTOMER-i1kpz1m6- : That's great will be in touch
canuck the pro :

Very good. I look forward to it.

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

canuck the pro :

Is there any progress with the situation? Was the information I provided what you needed to solve the issue?