Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

White Westinghouse WW-DW013 - no water entering the dishwasher.

Customer Question

White Westinghouse WW-DW013 - no water entering the dishwasher. Some sort of valve inline in inlet hose?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
You are correct, there is an electrically operated valve that allows water in and can be cut off by the main control as well, its called a water inlet solenoid;-)
Its easy to replace and I will help you with this.
The best place for this is espares.
The phone info is listed below as its best to call for that part to make sure they have it, if they dont I will provide another source.
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

0844 9777 888
Tech Michael

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael, Thanks for reply. I have phoned espares, but they have no record for any parts for the WW-DW013, and could suggest no likely fit.

Any more ideas? Is it possible to strip the solenoid to try to clean?

Hugh

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi unfortunately the part is a throw away part when it fails as its a coil that is bad in the part, but its easy to replace. Here is a better source for that, tell them you need the water inlet valve;-) Please try this site, they are good but are faster than calling them, please let me know how this goes. http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/contact-us Thank you Tech Michael, please dont forget to rate so I can set up the free follow ups for you;-)You can also call partmaster

0844(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Contact Centre opening times

Monday - Friday9am - 6pm

Saturday9am - 4pm

SundayClosed

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Michael, I have submitted a request to ukwhitegoods, and await a reply.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Also Hugh,you can call partmaster,
0844(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Contact Centre opening times
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday Closed.
Please rate before closing this page so we dont run the risk of the question closing or timing out as they will from time to time, it wont cost you anything further:-)
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Still waiting for ukwhitegoods reply to my query, and phoned partsmaster who will get back to me in 24/48 hours.

In the block in the inlet pipe there appear to be 2 solenoids, with no external electrical connections so the wiring must be in the pipe?

Indications are that there are generic parts in existence, but no supplier has yet come up with anything.

Wait on, I guess!

Cheers,

Hugh

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Yup, sometimes they take a little time;-)
But the solenoid valve that is connected to the water supply line is the one you need.
I will be here.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

No response yet from any suppliers. Last night I tried testing the solenoid by clacking at it whilst dripping water down the pipe and turning the machine on. It worked once but no more, so no doubt the problem is the solenoid. I then cut in to the pipe to see how many wires are used, and there are only 2. Am I right to assume that pretty well any solenoid would do the job? UKwhitegoods site shows a cheap universal one. Do you reckon it's worth a try?

Cheers,

Hugh

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Hugh you are correct with the fact that the solenoid is bad. But as for any solenoid to replace it with?
There are only a few types, so if you can find one similar enough you can make that work, but I recommend using the correct replacement;-)
Thanks Hugh.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

No replies from any supplier with a valve suggestion, so bought a generic one from ukwhitegoods. Attached wiring, and potted it in epoxy for safety. Water enters now, but it is apparent that the circulating pump is not moving water around, although there appears to be a humming noise as though it is trying to start.

Being semi integrated, there is no access to pump without getting to the bottom. I'm old and disabled, so such manipulation is difficult for me.

I'm thinking that either the pump is blocked, or faulty, or I see some mention online of starter capacitor issues.

Since it would be unusual to have 2 faults at the same time, I wonder if there could be pcb issue.

It seems the dishwasher is a badged chinese Haier make, with poor opinions of it. Maybe it's done well to work fine for 4 years, and I'm now flogging the proverbial trying to keep it going?

Cheers,

Hugh

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi High, please see if you can give the pumps impeller a little nudge also make sure nothing is stuck in the motors impeller.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for response.

I've got the motor out from the bottom of the machine, and there's no sign of any blockage, and the impeller rotates easily.

Hugh

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Hugh,
Can you let me know where the hum sound seems to come from?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael,

The hum sound was very quiet, and I couldn't really identify the source.

I'm thinking that the machine is now trouble, and, judging from online reports, I've been very lucky to have had nearly 5 years use from what is a badged poor chinese dishwasher.

In fact, I've been looking for an alternative whilst this process has been going on, and have just done a deal locally for a Smeg dishwasher as a replacement.

Thanks for your patience and many rapid responses. You can be sure that I will give you good feedback on the justanswers site.

All the best,

Hugh

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Hugh, I will be here if you need me further. Have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael