Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a newhome 1000 edl electric cooker. the large hotplate

Customer Question

I have a newhome 1000 edl electric cooker. the large hotplate switch has become dislodged and is causing it to trip. How do I get into the back of the switch to resecure it?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I will check to see if a manual is available for this.
How old is your cooker?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 10 yrs old

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I dont know what happened but to replace the switch.
Its best to get the new one first. I have seen so many people remove the old switch and cant remember how to wire the new one lol;-)
That is a nightmare, believe me because the newer switches may be slightly different with regards to the pin outs.
I will help you in any case all the way through this.
To replace the switch I will tell you that the top needs to come off and then all will be revealed;-)
I will help you in any way I can.
Do you have the new switch or would you like for me to locate the best source near you for that part?
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael
Expert:  russell-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/8b2gr-newhome-1000-edl-electric-cooker-large-hotplate.html). Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.