Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

The High Heat and On/Off buttons on my Hotpoint Aquarius WD420

Customer Question

The High Heat and On/Off buttons on my Hotpoint Aquarius WD420 are flashing and I can't make the machine reset by switching it off at the base.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Is this the top light on the column of lights running down by the side of the dispenser?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. The buttons which are flashing are the top one on the column of buttons by the side of the dispenser and also the On/Off button

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

The machine is reporting the heater relay is stuck.

There's a few things to check but normally it requires and new board to be fitted and then programmed to the machine. (requires special equipment).

Unplug the appliance.
Take the rear panel off.
Check the wiring to the heater (bottom rear of the tub).
If ok, take the wires off and test the heater with a multimeter.
(If you can't test it, you'll need to get some help on this).

If all ok, take the top off the machine, locate the pressure switch (has a thin tube attached that goes down the side of the tub).
Give it a couple of good taps with your screwdriver handle then try the machine again.

If still the same, it leaves the control board.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

Obviously, if you cannot do the work yourself you'll need to get someone in to do it for you.

Hope this helps