Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a cb125 prestigue microwave it is on grill setting and

Customer Question

I have a cb125 prestigue microwave it is on grill setting and can not get it of I have not got amannual
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is this the manual for the microwave you have?http://content.abt.com/documents/15921/NNSD667_om.pdf

JACUSTOMER-t868hlwx- : I
JACUSTOMER-t868hlwx- : a
JACUSTOMER-t868hlwx- : hi this is for a Panasonic mine is a prestige perhaps u could call me on XXXXXXXXXXX
JACUSTOMER-t868hlwx- : p
canuck the pro :

Sorry we are not permitted to communicate outside the site. Could you provide me the manufacturer name? I thought the manual was it because that was Panasonic Prestige.

JACUSTOMER-t868hlwx- :

it has prestige cb125 on machine I was given this

JACUSTOMER-t868hlwx- :

can you let me know whats happening with my question

JACUSTOMER-t868hlwx- :

I have some more info there is a sticker on the back sayingmicrowave oven model cb125 rating in put 1480w voltage 230v ac convection 2200w microwave frequency 2450mhz then kesa uk hu1 3au then a sticker with nos XXXXXXXXX prestige

canuck the pro :

Sorry for the delay. I had to run out on a service call. I am not able to find information on that particular model so I will opt out and open to other experts. If I find more information to offer I will opt back in. Another expert who is familiar should respond soon. Mike

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for using Just Answer;

per your problem; If it does heat (in which I'm guessing) but the power level/setting will not change, (which sounds like it's not doing) then there is something called a triac (electronic voltage controller) that has failed. I will warn you that this is one of those parts that you have to wonder if this is worth the repair or not. In reading your visit with Mike above, it sounds like you were given this microwave. If this was the case, I would be thinking on replacing it. Normally when troubles such as this starts it will only lead into more.

I wish you the best.

Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what I need to know is how to change the settings as I do not have a manual I want to either be told which buttons or to told whew to get one.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

I understand that you may not want to be told when to replace your appliance. With all do respect I ment not to insult you in anyway. The manual in which you seek is one of those that does not appear as common as one would like. The history of these types of appliances be it a microwave, dishwasher, stove, fridge or whatever the case are knock-offs of major retail brands such as Maytag, Kenmore etc. ... The problem is that they only make so many of these knock-offs and sell them to major discount stores. The problem is that the price people pay for thise items does not warrent repairing them. This being the case the manuals are discarded along with the appliance.

Mike has the right idea on your microwave. As far as I could find out that this is a knock-off of the brand Panisonic. This being said it is not confirmed a 100% but there are strong suggestions leading to it. However, the companies web site doesn't show they make them which is no surprise because like other major appliance suppliers they want to sell their brand. Furthermore, anyother information about your microwave isn't obtainable. Amazone.com would be one of two choices you have in locating one. However, I checked on their site on your behalf and they do not have any and it states they don't know when they will receive more. In most cased they never will. Your only other option will play on the kindness of other people. I have had some luck on ebay for this. I would suggest you contact a seller of one of these microwaves and see if they have a manul they can copy for you, or just ask them straight up if they can tell you how to change things up.

Anotherthing you can try is unplugging the microwave and see if it will default in normal mode. No guarentees but always worth a try. I'm sorry that I cannot be anymore help to you on this mannor. Again I didn't mean to partake in telling you to replace the item. It has been my experiences through the years that these knock-off brands are not worth the repair bill, and the problem I explained to you above is the leading cause of failure.

I wish you the best

Gary