KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

my neff W 5320 XO GB washing machine is not working, I choose

my neff W 5320 XO GB washing machine is not working, I choose the program as usual and the ready light comes on as usual but nothing happens, no wash and no spin. What could the problem be
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

about

Customer:

about 6 or 7 years olod

KevinWhiteJA :

Do you hear any hum sound ?

Customer:

yes also when I set the spin program I can here like a clicking sound as though the program is trying to work but its not

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, please pull the unit out and then clean the drain pump assembly completely...then lay it on its side by around 45 degrees so that if there is any water inside it comes out

KevinWhiteJA :

I believe something is stuck in there as the clothes came out wet

KevinWhiteJA :

cleaning should solve the issue

Customer:

first the machine is fitted into the kitchen cupboards so it will take time to get the unit out, but thats not a problem I can get an engineer to call, but why does the machine not work at all before the spin cycle starts

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry I thought you are typing something

KevinWhiteJA :

the machine drains water before it starts to spin

KevinWhiteJA :

and then fills & spins again

KevinWhiteJA :

if it is not able to drain it wont start the spin cycle

KevinWhiteJA :

that is the reason I believe there is something stuck in the drain pump

KevinWhiteJA :

or may be drain hose is clogged

Customer:

no sorry I may not of explained it correctly first if I set the wash to run the ready light comes on but nothing happens and so to get everything out I have to go to spin and let the program end so that the door opens but nothing works no wash and no spin, something must have happened when I was out first thing as the cloths were soaking wet but have tried again and nothing

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes and that is why I believe something is stuck in there...

KevinWhiteJA :

the clothes are wet

KevinWhiteJA :

that means it filled with water

KevinWhiteJA :

however, I believe you have already cleaned the drain filter located inside the bottom front of the unit

Customer:

yes and about a pint of water came out

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, if you can pull it out and clean it ...should solve the problem

KevinWhiteJA :

control seems to be working fine

KevinWhiteJA :

and so does door lock mechanism

KevinWhiteJA :

can be a bad pump motor however, it will depend after it is cleaned

Customer:

yes door mechanism seems to be ok , but could there be some sort of electical relay fault

KevinWhiteJA :

there is a pressure chamber as well...if something is clogged in there the washer will either overfill or sometimes wont even start

KevinWhiteJA :

I don't think it is the control that is bad

Customer:

ok I think I will have another look and see if anything is blocked but don't know if I will be very success so may have to get the local fitter to have a look

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

no I'll see how I get on may be I will come back to you in a day or to and let you know

KevinWhiteJA :

OK..If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years