Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

freezer components. Our freezer is leaking water and we have

Customer Question

freezer components. Our freezer is leaking water and we have found a floating part that is a funnel shape design that looks like it clips somewhere on the water pipe. An engineer had to replace the small water pipe that feeds water into the ice making compartment and we think this may have been left off, or come away from where it should be located.
It is one and a half inches in diameter shaped like a funnel.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

It's on a label inside the fridge.

Is your machine Maytag or Amana?

Where is the leak?

Is there ice under the bottom basket in the freezer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is an Amana model number AC222HEKB - S/N12144190LN

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

I added a question to my previous post.
You may not have seen it.

Where is the leak from? (rough area)
Is there ice under the bottom basket inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We think the leak is from pipe that goes to the ice making tray, ice is being made but when we stripped the freezer today, the ice was filled to the top of the ice compartment which was all formed into ice cubes, but at the bottom of the ice compartment was a large sold lump, and this is where the small white plastic funnel item was found at the back of the ice tray.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

The pipe to the icemaker simply goes to the tray.
Is water spilling from the tray into the ice cube bucket?

The funnel should be where the water pipe comes into the tray.
Look at the tray and the pipe, if the funnel is missing, you need to take the ice maker out and fit the funnel back in place.

Have a look, let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are small bolts holding the small ice/water container in place this is where the water pipe seems to go into, do we have to undo these? to get access into this area?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
The whole unit should come out.
Take the ice making unit out and look where the water pipe puts the water into the ice tray.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have taken the large ice container out of the unit, however, the small tray compartment does not pull out, there seem to be various small bolts holding this in place, and the water pipe goes into this, I am presuming this is where the funnel item needs to go? Is this correct that the retaining bolts have to be undone?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
I know, but you can see if the funnel came from there.
It should be on the ice tray unit, where the water pipe comes in.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, seems to be working fine now.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for letting me know.
Glad you got it sorted out and working.

Hope this helped