Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

E-Nr SGS55C02GB/01 "Check water supply" light comes on. Can

Customer Question

E-Nr SGS55C02GB/01 "Check water supply" light comes on. Can hear solenoid cycling. Water supply volume & filter checked, both OK. Intermittent fault, started today. Tried reset etc. Any ideas? Thanks, David.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok theres a few things that can cause this fault. Either water has leaked into the base and has activated or if the water supply is fine the impeller jug (flow meter)

Pull the dishwasher out and tip it backwards and see if any water comes out from the base at the bottom.

If so then retry it and see what happens.

But if there isn't any water in there and its still playing up like you say then its possibley the impeller jug at fault. These do fail quite a lot on these Bosch appliances.

If you pull the dishwasher out and remove the top and the left hand side panel.

There look at the back to the fill valve and there you will see the impeller jug its round and will have 2 hoses going to it.

Replace this and that should cure the fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel, No water came out when I tipped it back, so I've removed panels and located the impeller jug. I will order a new one. I noticed that the top left chamber of the water inlet assembly looks a bit grubby, I was able to blow through it without any effort though so I don't think it is blocked. Is this likely to have an effect on the operation of the machine?

Regards,

David

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

To be honest I didn't think it will have leaked from what you said but was worth checking just incase.

Fingers crossed the new impeller jug will cure it.

As to the muck you see that's just the drain channel of the dishwasher and they all go like that so just ignore that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, thanks for that. I've ordered the part from Bosch, should be here in a couple of days. I will leave this open and give my rating when the job is finished if that is OK with you? Never used this service before, so I'm not sure if this is the usual procedure. Please let me know if it is not.

Thanks, David

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries that's fine. Some people rate now and ten get back to me and others do when its sorted. As the question doesn't close once you rate so you can get back to me at anytime.

So its up to you when you rate that's fine by me when ever you do it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Fitted the impeller jug as suggested and it was successful. I've left an "Excellent" rating. Thanks for your help.

David

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Nice one glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know how it went.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

I got an email from you dated and timed 08/03/14 @ 18.50 saying that I hadn't viewed your response yet. I'm a little bit confused as I replied to you 07/03/14 @ 13.49 stating that the repair had been successful and you confirmed receipt @ 14.47 on the same day. I left an "Excellent" rating for you at the same time as my reply. Can you please confirm that the case is now completed and that you have received credit for your advice.

Thanks again,

Regards,

David