Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have a vaillant ecotec plus 937 that is leaking from the

I have a vaillant ecotec plus 937 that is leaking from the rear storage tank area. Is this accessible without removing the boiler? For a while the boilerhas been constantly filling and draining through storage tank relief pipe. I suspect a leak in the tank or joints behind the boiler - can't see any access?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXX :

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/mediaarchive/2013/09/ecoTEC-plus-937-installation-service-manual.pdf

XXXXX XXXXX :

page 78 onwards - it should be possible to strip everything out of the boiler without having to take it off the wall

Customer: Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply but I don't think it is the answer for my problem. The storage tanks are in a box behind the boiler and it looks like the front of the boiler will need to be decommissioned to reach the rear box. There is no mention of accessing the rear components of the boiler. I intend to get a Vaillant engineer to deal with this problem.