Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

KID60S10 dishwasher fills with water but then program stops.

KID60S10 dishwasher fills with water but then program stops. I've tried cleaning filter.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, when irt stops filling, do you hear a faint humming noise?

If you leave it, will it eventually heat the water and empty correctly?

Lastly, how old is the machine?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob,

Stops filling at first stage (after only a few minutes).
No noises heard after machine stops.
Doesn't heat water.
Machine bought Sep 2010.

Robert.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert

Great name eh !

Ok, this is a Chinese made machine and really nothing to do with Kenwood. Kenwood just sell them a liscence to use their name!

It sounds very much like the circulation pump has failed.
Thats not uncommon in these machines, sorry.

Do you want to try and take this apart yourself, or would you prefer a fixed price quote for the repair, as this would include the cost of the rather expensive pump?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi namesake Rob,

I have heard about the "made in China" link!!!
I am a retired Engineer, so feel fairly confident to have a go.
Questions I have are:

A) If it is the pump (sounds like it to me also), what is the likely cost of a replacement pump and perhaps, more to the point,

B) do you consider it would be worth the money and effort, given that the machines don't have a very reliable history - £250 over three years is not good, but, even if a new pump cures the problem it sounds possible that it would be good money after bad!

If you don't consider it worth repairing, could you recommend a reliable M/C that I could integrate into the existing space? We only expect to use it occasionally and in particular, when my wife and I have guests.

Robert

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert

Let me check for you and ill be beack in the next 10 minutes

Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Robert

Ok, the pump is here, just click on the word in blue.

This is the cheapest price I can find. Its not a bad price, except its a bit of a pig to fit.
You have to remove the lower kick panels and work on the floor. Dont turn the machine over!
You may gain a bit more space by taking off the lid and the two sides.
All the metal edges are extremely sharp so you must be carefull!

Personally, I would put the money toward a Zanussi machine.
I would tend not to go for the built in one. Its much more expensive, can be a nightmare to fit and is then troublesome to get in and out if you ever need to get it out!
You would also need to check if your existing decor door would fit (If indeed you have one fitted now)

Sorry its not great news.
If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime, Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob,

Thanks for your help and advice. We have decided that it is probably just not worth repairing and will take your advice and buy a Zanussi, that is provided the decor panel would fit - according to the boss, it has to be a fitted M/C!

Thanks again for your prompt and helpful advice.

Cheers, Robert
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert

I understand!!!!

May be worth taking the old decor door off and take it with you.
You should then be able to work out if its going to fit !!

All the best
Rob

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.