KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Washing machine not draining cleaned filter and checked plpes

Washing machine not draining cleaned filter and checked plpes for blockage no result
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

and how old is it ?

Customer:

Not sure the machine is at my son house the machine is about 8yrs old

KevinWhiteJA :

the model number is XXXXX inside the door

Customer:

I'l have to find that out this morning hes not at home just now

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, please let me know the model number whenever you can and try to check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.

Customer:

Could it be the pump . The error message is E20

KevinWhiteJA :

E20 is drain error which means the unit is unable to drain...it will depend on the model number

KevinWhiteJA :

it can be that the drain pump is blocked

KevinWhiteJA :

and you will have to pull the unit and clean the drain pump assembly from the back

Customer:

Ok will get asp will I have to pay another payment when I contact you again

KevinWhiteJA :

No...You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.

Customer:

Did check the pump its empty

KevinWhiteJA :

from the back with the hoses off ?

Customer:

Yes

KevinWhiteJA :

well if everything is clean the pump will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

please get back to me with the model number so that I can give you more precise information

Customer:

I will get the model number and get back to you

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer:

Mod no fjs1025w sn12401436 zanussi jet system 1000

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

E20 in this model number means blocked filter or waste pipe...if you have already cleaned the filter then pull the washer out and gain access to the drain pump assembly...then take the hoses off those are connected to the drain pump...and clean the drain pump completely

KevinWhiteJA :

if you have done this as well then the drain pump will need replacement

Customer:

What is the cost of the pump

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost £35

Customer:

Can you supply

KevinWhiteJA :

You can buy from here in just £19

KevinWhiteJA :

Check this Video

KevinWhiteJA :

if you want to replace it yourself it will give you an idea on how to do it yourself

Customer:

Looks simple

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes....You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

No thanks hopefully that well get it going thanks again Kevin

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Have a Good Day

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years