Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have just had a new( ex display combination oven microwave

Customer Question

I have just had a new( ex display combination oven microwave installed. C57m70
The oven works fine and all the lights controls seem to work BUT when I set the microwave it sets up and then after three seconds returns the time turns off and I am back to the clock. The engine thingy goes for the length programmed in but there is no microwave activity
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Im sorry to her that.
The problem is the main control, it will need to be replaced.
And this makes a lot of sense, because so many people touched the display, so it had a workout already lol.
They should still fix this for you, but if they wont, I will help you get and replace that part. Its easy to do and the micro doesn't need to come down;-)
I will stick with you on this but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am a silver surfer. I love your confidence in me but will I really be able to do this myself?
If you think so then what do you think it may cost...a ball park figur would do.
Can I continue to use you for this.
Will you please write to me as if I am an idiot because n this area I am
Ethel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not really seeing how this works.....when will you help me. I want the machine to be fixed soon as. I have one of my sons arriving for a holiday from USA. Where are you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Disappointed not to receive an answer
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ethel, I am here if you need me;-)
Sorry about the delay but we had a power outage;-(
Yes you can do this, and I will help you every step of the way, please dont jump ahead though as a few words of caution are in order when you are ready. But it wont take you long and all you will need are a few basic hand tools;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok so I understand this now. Right. I am ready to get going. Please give me a list of things I need to get or buy. That seems like a good first move
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ethel,
When you try the microwave, does the light inside come on? Any sounds?
I need these details to be sure of what is bad so you dont waste money.
All you would need is a few basic hand tools to fix this no matter what is wrong.
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I set the micro wave the interior light comes on and whenI. Press start there is what I would all a microwave sort of sound of powering up. Then after three seconds...always three seconds!...... The light goes out and the clock returns to the present time. The oven countinues to make a fan noise until the set time has run out.
Hope that helps.
I am feeling much calmer about this now, thank you for your help. Please do ask more questions if that would help
Ethel
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that.
The part that is need of replacement is the main control panel.
did you need help locating one and if you want to do this repair please let me know I can help there too;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I guess I can buy one from NEFF but goes it have to be specific to my machine?
If I can get one then I will do the repair.
Can you just tell me what you think is wrong with it before I start so I can sd ide if it is with fixing. A main control panel sounds vey important and serious.
Ethel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I ant find anything called a control panell on the NEFF spare part site. Could it be called something else or if you have an item number, I can phone Neff and ask them
Ethel
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ethel,
it may be called the main control panel. It has the buttons and the main controller as a 1 piece unit.
Have you called a supplier or do you need another source?
Its always better to call them as they should understand;-)
I will be here when you need me and yes it is very easy to replace even for a non techie person, but before you do that or open the unit let me know its a safety issue but I will help you and keep you safe in the process;-)
Tech michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No luck with finding the piece under that name. Can you help me source it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I really need a source lease
Ethel
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ethel,
this part in the US is called the main control board.But they may call it the CPU board as well.
Whats happened is that a relay has failed but they dont sell just that part.
What did they say when you called them on this?
They should know this easily.
I have been dealing with them for many years;-)
Please keep me posted so I can help you with this repair.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks I will see if that helps. And get back in touch with you. Bit busy at the moment as one of my sons who lives in minneapolis! is visiting
Ethel
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Sounds good, enjoy your visit;-)
I will be here when you need me!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have found a diagram of all the spare parts but don't know which one is right. I can't copy it into this box. Is there any other way I can get it to you and then you can advise. All parts are clearly numbered Nd it will make ordering easy.
Let me know
Ethel
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I don't really have a solution on that but the part, attached directly to the back of the keypad.
I will look to see if I can find a diagram for you in the morning;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I found the diagram on neff e shop site under c57/70nog
I will be out a lot over the next few days so take your time
Ethel
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome;-)
Have a great evening!
Tech Mike
Wow he made a long trip to see you;-)
Im in North Carolina!