canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My TEKA FCI340 integrated fridge freezer needs replacing.

My TEKA FCI340 integrated fridge freezer needs replacing. I cannot find in my spec any reference to it's detail that aids my identifying a possible replacement. I have measured the door sizes of the fridge and the freezer, but, when I look at possible alternatives, am unable to decide whether it is a 70:30 of a 60:40 split. Can you advise?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The size is in reference to the outer dimensions. For those dimensions measure with the door closed front to back and floor to top. The capacity is the space inside. Measure inside bottom to top, left to right, front to back and multiply those 3 numbers and that is your cubic feet.

Customer:

That's not what I was asking. I think I was asking what the significance was of the ratios quoted on the sales tickets in a shop.....i.e. in some cases they mention 50:50 in some cases they mention 70:30. To be honest, I didn't see any models quoting 60:40 on display so couldn't assess my measurements against anything to see what models matched my fitted doors. If it's any help, on the original guarantee, it says Freezer volume is 60 litres and Total storage volume is 260 litres.

canuck the pro :

Ok. I am not so sure about that. I will opt out and open to other experts.

canuck the pro :

I am sorry that no other expert responded but while you were waiting I did some research and talked to some installers and I am clear on what the answer is to your question now. Are you still seeking an answer?

Customer:

If you have one, then I would appreciate any awareness/advice you can provide.....thankyou

canuck the pro :

So the door panels are over sized as far as height. If you measured your appliance doors as 70/30 and found panels that were 60/40 then the appliance would be set on a base to raise it and there would be a small space under the appliance as it would be raised up to accommodate the doors. Does that make sense? If you look at the one you have now is it not raised from the floor?

Customer:

You're quite right - it is raised from the floor. The point I'm making is that I don't know whether the current unit is a 70/30 or a 60/40 - there is nothing in the documentation I have which says '70/30' or '60/40'. All I have to go on is the measurements I have taken of the fridge door and the freezer door (these are 54cms x 100cms and 54cms x 64cms respectively), and the covering panels match these requirements (albeit slightly larger).All I need to know is - do the measurements I have shown equate to a 70/30 or a 60/40 so that when I order a new item, I will order the correct size?

canuck the pro :

You have 60/40 on the appliance but the panels that you have now are likely 70/30. The appliance is raised to accommodate the panels.

canuck the pro :

I totally understand the confusion after my research. I had to get it explained a few times my self. I think the confusion is mostly the flexibility

Customer:

But, if the panels fit the doors, doesn't that make them 60/40?

canuck the pro :

You certainly have a 60/40 fridge freezer, this I know. Could you provide measurements for the panels? I will confirm what the panels are.

canuck the pro :

Are the panels equal in size?

canuck the pro :

The panels must be 60/60 so the bottom panel is over sized. I am absolute on the size of the freezer/fridge itself is 60/40. I have confirmed this is a fact.

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

I think I'm happy that you've given me the answer that I was looking for - that the unit is a 60/40. Thought I would send the image to show you that the doors match. Thankyou for your patience.

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome and thank you for your patience. If there is anything at all I can further help with just let me know. You can still ask questions even after rating my service. I will always respond. Mike

canuck the pro :

I will send you the information about the appliance that confirms the size in just a second.

Customer:

OK mate - thanks

canuck the pro :

http://www.cuddykitchens.ie/documents/tekaappliances.pdf

canuck the pro :

See on almost the last page

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber