KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

zanussi zdi122x integrated dishwasher will not start/fill,

zanussi zdi122x integrated dishwasher will not start/fill, have replaced fiil valve but still the same, will start washing if you fill machine manually?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

approx 4 years old.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, can you please pull it out and lay it by around 45 degrees so that if any water is there it comes out

Customer:

lay it on its side or back?

KevinWhiteJA :

side

Customer:

left or or right ? does it matter?

KevinWhiteJA :

no it does not matter

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer:

ok done that, no water in machine except for decalcifier tank, machine does pump out ok if you manually fill!

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, does any of the lights flash ?

Customer:

no lights are on steady when you select any wash cycle, three steady led's.

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, a moment please

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry was checking its parts

KevinWhiteJA :

lets see if we can get any error code

KevinWhiteJA :

Plug the unit back in and then turn the knob to off.

Then press and hold the start button and turn the knob 1 click anticlockwise.

Keep hold of the button till it flashes then let go.

Now press the start button again.

Now the end light will be flashing.

KevinWhiteJA :

Count the number of flashes in between the pause and please let me know.

Customer:

15

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, these flashes indicate that the anti flood device at the bottom has been activated

KevinWhiteJA :

can you please take off the side and top panel

KevinWhiteJA :

and then make sure everything is clean inside and there is no leaks

KevinWhiteJA :

make sure the unit is unplugged and clean the base of the unit

Customer:

ok micro switch is in normal position and seems ok i did check this earlier with multimeter so maybe this has logged antiflood code?

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, and everything is clean in there near the pressure switch

Customer:

yes spotless, and polystyrene float is free to move, micro switch switches ok?

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, plug it back in and check if it starts to fill

Customer:

No, drain pump runs for approx 8-10 seconds and then nothing!

KevinWhiteJA :

and after 8-10 seconds it stops or runs continuously ?

Customer:

drain pump stops and programme fails to continue

KevinWhiteJA :

and the door is closing fine ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

check this image

KevinWhiteJA :

part#7 is a door switch

KevinWhiteJA :

can you test that as well with multimeter

Customer:

machine has just sprung into life now filling? weird, was sitting selected to wash drain pump had run for a short time and then stopped as before, i wonder if i have a bad connection somewhere?

KevinWhiteJA :

can you just tap on those switches with a screw driver...

KevinWhiteJA :

if the problem returns and the door switch is fine then it seems a relay is stuck in the control and it will need replacement

Customer:

door switch seems ok, i was fearing the control unit, does this washer have a float switch to control water level or does it use the two pressure switches to do this function?

KevinWhiteJA :

yes I checked that earlier :) this one has two pressure switches one is for level and another for safety

KevinWhiteJA :

I have seen these issues with 4-5 years old units and normally they are resolved by cleaning the base ...usually nothing is replaced

Customer:

OH well, i'll leave this cycle running to completion and see how it goes before put back into position, the misses is looking happier already:)I think it will be a case of leaving it to see if the problem can be replicated as its going ok meantime.

KevinWhiteJA :

:) OK

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service....Thanks

Customer:

Many thanks for your assistance, somtimes its good to have someone to bounce things off, nothing worse than an intermittant fault i suppose? once again many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX finished and main wash has started ok.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Have a Good Night

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years