Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My oven has locked itself (it does this from time to time)

Customer Question

My oven has locked itself (it does this from time to time) I can't remember the combination of buttons I need to press to unlock it!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model 3?
Also how old the oven is?
AND DID YOU RUN A CLEANING CYCLE JUST BEFORE THIS HAPPENED?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IT IS ABOUT 6 YEARS OLD, NUMBERS I CAN FIND ON THE OVEN ARE FD8706 E/NRHB770560B TYPE HTHB77 ITS JUST A SINGLE ELECTRIC OVEN WITH A DIGITAL TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY

NO, I DIDN'T RUN A CLEANING CYCLE JUST BEFORE THIS HAPPENED

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thank you, XXXXX XXXXX info you can provide the better I will know for sure whats going on.
But, try this first before I go further into this, I will stick with you until this is solved rest assured.
Please turn the power off at the mains for the range for 1 full hour and then back on, reset the clock, and let me know if it unlocks or not?
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, will do, obviously I won't know if this has worked for an hour or so!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi if this doesn't work, I will be here please let me know so I can help you further no additional cost;-)
Tech Michael