Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

when I switch on my small oven to fan, the grill works as well,

Customer Question

when I switch on my small oven to fan, the grill works as well, until it is up to temp. then it works correctly.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model # XXXXX the unit?
Also how old it is?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

U1564S0GB/03 FQ8712

Neff built in double oven

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that but can you describe the problem a bit better. Please look at your original complaint and re word that for me so I know for sure whats wrong:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when using the small oven, If I set the oven to fan, the grill seems to activate as well, but when the oven is up to temp. it seems to work correctly, the main problem being that if I put things in the oven to warm before it is up to temp. it burns them on the top

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Sylvia, how old is the oven, also has this problem just begun or is this the way its been since day one?
Thank you for your patience;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oven 5 years approx

no this problem has only just started

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Sylvia,
The issue is a bad main control board. It has a short circuit. I can help you replace that, its easy requiring only a few basic hand tools.
But, lets try this first to be sure. Please turn power to the oven off at the mains. Leave it off for 1 full hour. Then turn it back on, see if that makes any helpful things happen.
This can be caused sometimes by just a power glitch although not likely.
But please let me know, we will fix this.
I will stick with you until we have it done but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you for your patience Sylvia;-)
Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

Just to let you know, the problem, seems to have been resolved

Thanks very much for your help

I will remember to use you again

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Sylvia;-)
Have a great day!