KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

hi I have an Admiral, by Maytag washing machine, its been

hi I have an Admiral, by Maytag washing machine, it's been leaking water from the seal in the outer tub, it's an upright. I have the seal but cant get the last piece of metal from above it off can you tell me how its done please. the machine in model aav8000agw
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Use Spanner Wrench and Seal Tool to remove Seal Nut if present. After this please remove Outer Tub Cover by pushing down on cover and unsnapping tabs. It may be necessary to remove Water Inlet Flume from back panel. Please let me know how it goes

Customer:

is that the under the rubber seal that you can see from the top looking down the spindle do you just prise that upwards to get it off and is the seal nut and ordinary nut that you undo with a spaner?

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you already removed the agitator ?

KevinWhiteJA :

by loosening bolt threaded into Transmission Output Shaft, located inside agitator opening .... ?

Customer:

i've taken out the agitator and the inner tub

Customer:

its the bracket that the inner tub bolts to that i cant get out

KevinWhiteJA :

is that the one with springs ?

Customer:

the outer tub has springs that isnt the problem its the bracket directly above the outer tub seal that is the problem it has four bolt holes that the inner tub bolts to

KevinWhiteJA :

Use a Spanner Wrench and then turn spanner counterclockwise to remove Hub.

Customer:

it wont come off ive tried that

Customer:

it turns a bit but is very stiff then stops turning at all

Customer:

and it doesnt look like its getting any higher up the stem

Customer:

when it is turning

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

and you have already removed the 6 screws from the tub support ?

Customer:

which six screws?

Customer:

four bolts holding inner tub have been removed

Customer:

where are the six screws?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please follow these repair instructions

KevinWhiteJA :

I think you are very close its just that you have removed the inner one first

Customer:

yes thankyou so i just need to turn the hub anticlockwise to take it off then by the look of this?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes thats right

Customer:

brilliant thank you getting fedup of doing the washing in my wellies!

KevinWhiteJA :

:) You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years