KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Washing Machine has stopped working after completing a wash

My Washing Machine has stopped working after completing a wash normally. It is a Fagor FWD612IT. The power comes on, but the indicator lights (wash, spin and dry) are flashing.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you tried to clean the drain pump filter located at the bottom front of the unit ?

Customer: Although that scenario is associated with a Fault which is displayed on the screen, that was the first thing I tried (regardless)
Customer: The machine is just over 2 years old
KevinWhiteJA : OK
KevinWhiteJA : and no fault code is flashing ?
Customer:

no fault is flashing other than the mentioned wash, spin and dry signs. Incidentally, If I set the program to dry only, then the other two lights disappear (obviously) and the only one flashing is the drying indicator. I think it is registering the selection (dryer only), but the flashing bit is a prompt that the machine will not start.

Customer:

Do you want me to send you some pictures?

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure you can send the pictures

KevinWhiteJA :

however, I believe you need to unplug the unit and pull it out to clean the drain pump assembly completely

Customer:

I have managed to catch both states during the flashing. The first one is when the display signs are not there, the second one show the signs

Customer:

Completely?

Customer:

I have unplugged and cleaned the drain pump. Do you mean to say by opening up the machine?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes thats right

KevinWhiteJA :

it lights up so it means the control is fine

Customer:

Okay, I am happy to do so. I have opened washing machines and fixed basic parts, but not this one. You will need to guide. Is that okay?

KevinWhiteJA :

sure

Customer:

Right - let me move it out. Give me 5 minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

sure

Customer:

Okay - Machine is out

Customer:

where do I start?

Customer:

Kevin - are you there?

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

as it has been pulled out now

KevinWhiteJA :

please take the back off the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

to clean the drain pump assembly completely

Customer:

It seems that I can't take the whole back out, apart from a mid (oval section covering about 2/3rd of the whole back)

Customer:

Is that what you want me to remove?

KevinWhiteJA :

in that case you can lay the washer on its side and gain access the pump from the bottom

Customer:

okay let me try (BTW), I don't know what this pump looks like :)

Customer:

Is it the housing that contains the filter that I clean to remove fluff when an error code is displayed

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes the pump is at the back of that housing

Customer:

I has two conduits going into it. One is from the main machine and the other is snaking towards the top, have not followed it yet

Customer:

so shall i open the rubber conduits first?

KevinWhiteJA :

just the hoses connecting to the the washer should be removed

KevinWhiteJA :

then there are two hoses connecting the pump

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to remove them and clean them

KevinWhiteJA :

Fagor FWD612IT Use BNT55X9913 Drain Pump
Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

this is the drain pump

Customer:

okay doing it now

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

Customer:

Done that

Customer:

I have also taken the pump out and given it a good clean

Customer:

what next

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, just plug it back and check if it starts

KevinWhiteJA :

also closely inspect if there are any leaks

KevinWhiteJA :

Did that help ?

Customer:

Plugged in back, the damn thing is not even powering up now - I am pretty certain that I have not pulled or knocked any cables!

Customer:

I have checked the fuse as well and the socket (all is okay from that point of view)

KevinWhiteJA :

If you are sure that you have not pulled or knocked any cables then it seems the electronic control is bad

Customer:

I am not sure - can you help with any diagnostics?

KevinWhiteJA :

however, you can remove the fascia of the unit and then gain access to the control to remove the connectors

KevinWhiteJA :

pull the connectors one by one and then connect them back

Customer:

By Facia - do you mean the Front panel that houses the display?

KevinWhiteJA :

yes thats right

Customer:

there is only one cable that goes in there and i have tried to push it back in

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean the connectors on the control

Customer:

okay it is back on - I removed the cable and cleaned the ends - plugged it back in at it is on but still flashing

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you please press and hold the START button for 20 seconds to check if this will reset

Customer:

okay

Customer:

sorry - the power or the start button?

KevinWhiteJA :

Start button

Customer:

okay after a bit of checking i have realised that it is the reset button which stays depressed

Customer:

after pushing it gently with the screw driver, it seems to be the cause for flashing lights (probably sticky

KevinWhiteJA :

oh

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

Customer:

now the panel is displaying F04 - what does that mean

KevinWhiteJA :

F04 is door safety lock error

KevinWhiteJA :

you will have to check the door interlock

KevinWhiteJA :

also check the wiring to the door lock mechanism

KevinWhiteJA :

the control detects the door is not closed and so will not start

Customer:

Before I look into that - the actual reason for the depressed button is a bit of plastic that sits on the board which when comes into contact with the external buttons (upon manual push) this bit of plastic (like a proxy) presses the button on the electronic board below

Customer:

I will have to replace this plastic casing that houses the electronic board - can you help with finding the part number?

KevinWhiteJA :

I think that part is not available separately however, you can check with the manufacturer

KevinWhiteJA :

Door Interlock is available here

Customer:

okay

Customer:

thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

Customer:

no worries (bit of personal feedback - please no not disappear for long periods when helping a customer. You must realise that the customer may be already irritated because of the situation he/she may be in) - but thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

That is right and I am sorry for about that

KevinWhiteJA :

it seems either I have connection issues here

KevinWhiteJA :

or there is a problem with the website

KevinWhiteJA :

as I was facing same problem with other chats that I have done today

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry again about that however, you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today....Thanks

Customer:

no worries - I will thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

ok..thanks

Customer:

No more questions - thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Have a Great Evening