KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065
Appliance

Error E13 on a Bosch wkd28350gb 3 year old. Ive cleaned pipes

Error E13 on a Bosch... Show More
Error E13 on a Bosch wkd28350gb 3 year old. I've cleaned pipes and filter, it went away temporarily but it's back. Any ideas?
Show Less

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer: 3 years old
KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

have you cleaned the drain pump from the back

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean after disconnecting the hoses connecting to the pump

Customer: No, I cleaned the plug area on the front bottom left area. I will have a look at that.
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, please pull the unit and clean it completely

KevinWhiteJA :

looking at the age of this unit I don't think the pump should go bad

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer: I have taken the connector hose off and taken off the plastic plate and the top of the unit. Which bit should I clean?
KevinWhiteJA :

Please check this Video

KevinWhiteJA :

this is for pump replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

however, it will give you an idea

KevinWhiteJA :

and you can clean the pump completely

Customer: I have just cleaned the pump. It was full of crapp. I'm just putting it together again.
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, please let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

Did that help ?

Customer: Unfortunately not. E 13 is still there. I can hear the pump seeming to work. What do you reckon?
KevinWhiteJA : Unplug the washer and plug it back after 2 minutes...simultaneously press & hold the START button for around 20 seconds
KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer: No joy I'm afraid. What do you think?
KevinWhiteJA :

the error is still there right ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Do you hear a hum from the pump ?

Customer: Yes to both. It starts as per normal. The pump tries to empty excess water. Then after about six seconds E 13 reappears.
KevinWhiteJA :

The problem is with the pump and will need replacement

Customer: Okay. Where do you get a replacement Bosch pump?
KevinWhiteJA :

You can buy it from here

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer: Thanks. At least I know how to replace a pump now! That is the first time I've ever been inside the washing machine! Thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it goes.
KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

Customer: Thank you for your support. You have a good evening too. Bye bye
KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kevin, my new pump arrived today and I have replaced the old one. Unfortunately, it is no different. It turns on, the pump makes an ON / hum sound, then after 6 seconds E13 is shown and won't go away.

Any other ideas?

Have you tried to press and hold the START button for around 15 seconds to reset the control ...

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have held down the button with the PLAY triangle icon which I assume is the START button? Rob

OK, can you take the control out and check if that is fine...check the connectors to the control as well.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

ive checked all the connectors, they are all on, none are loose or flaky connections. i wonder how to reset the controller, perhaps to clear the E13?

The only way to reset it is by pressing the START button...can you also locate the pressure switch and hose...just give some taps with a screw driver and make sure the pressure hose is clean...it is located on the right or left side of the control...