KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an IWDE 126 model washer dryer. Its just a year old. I

Customer Question

I have an IWDE 126 model washer dryer. It's just a year old.
I put the no.9 wash cycle on, and it stopped mid-rinse. 3 lights flashed continuously, and fast, so I followed the help comments in the user manual......turned it off for a minute then back on, tried to start the programme again and nothing happened at all.
I have overnight had it turned off at the wall. Then this morning emptied the drum of laundry and water, cleaned the pump, and tried a different cycle. It still only flashes rapidly.
Is it an electrical problem?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Which three lights are flashing ?

Customer: Start/reset button.
Customer: easy iron and I can't remember the other one
KevinWhiteJA :

Can you please check again and tell me which 3 LEDs are flashing along with the complete model number

Customer: the third flashing button is the 1200-600 spin.
Customer: the model is IWDE 126 washer dryer
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, there should be 4 lights... please number them with 1 on the left and tell me which lights are flashing

KevinWhiteJA :

ignore the flashing Start/reset button

Customer: i press a cycle to start as if there's laundry inside the drum. It clicks to lock the door then doesn't move for about 5 minutes. Then the easy iron and the 1200-600 button flashes. Only those 2 . Then the door unlocks and that flashes as fast as the other 2.
KevinWhiteJA :

OK..if you number them as 1..2..3..4

KevinWhiteJA :

which numbers flash ?

Customer: 2 and 4
KevinWhiteJA :

Thank you...as I thought

KevinWhiteJA :

these two flashing lights indicate that the pressure switch is stuck on full

KevinWhiteJA :

if you have already cleaned the drain filter assembly located inside the bottom front of the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

then you will have to pull the unit out and make sure there is nothing clogged in the drain hose

Customer: how do I check if it's blogged ? It's long.....
Customer: i don't have a pipe cleaner
KevinWhiteJA :

take the hose off and clear any blockage from both ends

KevinWhiteJA :

pipe cleaner is not required

Customer: and then what do I do.....
Customer: try another cycle?
KevinWhiteJA :

you can blow through the hose to clean it

KevinWhiteJA :

after cleaning the hose...make sure the filter is clean as well

KevinWhiteJA :

then lay the washer on its side by around 45 degrees so that if there is any water left it comes off

KevinWhiteJA :

after all this is done the problem should be solved

KevinWhiteJA :

I don't think any part is bad as the washer is just a year old

Customer: At the moment it's on no11 cycle so will see if that finishes okay. It's going ok so far. Will do what you said if it stops again.
KevinWhiteJA :

OK..You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....

Customer: Many thanks. How do I find you again?
KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Have a Good Evening

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Kevin, we cleaned the pipe and filter. Still it doesn't work......?

If you have already cleaned the pipe and filter then you will have to pull the unit out and clean the drain pump assembly located inside the bottom front of the unit...after it is cleaned just lay it on its side by 45 degrees so that if any water is still there it comes out.

Kevin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We did this already......still the lights flash when we put it on. The cycle starts, fills half way with water,the drum turns, but then it just stops, flashes and does nothing more. Could it be electrical or a computer fault?
No, the flashing lights indicate pressure switch fault...so either it is stuck in full or something is blocked in the small hose near the switch...some parts are covered under 2-3 years of warranty so you can get it checked by the manufacturer...Please let me know how it goes.