canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Bosch dshwasher SL15N1B Check water light is illuminating

Bosch dshwasher SL15N1B

Check water light is illuminating about a minute after starting up, the machine is filling with water but is not progressing to heat the water or pump it around
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

When yyou select a new cycle, it should pump out the water before it fills. Does it do this?

When its filled, does it look like the right level of water? Is there a humming sound from the machine at this point?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it seems to pump oit OK

fter about a minute the check water light illuminates and theres the sound of a pump running and the awter flow into the machine has stopped

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Roy

OK, start a new cycle
Wait for it to drain
You should then hear it start to fill.
As soon as it stops filling, open the door.
Does this look like the right amount of water? If not, pour more water in and close the door. What happens now?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when selecting the programme it does pump out then starts to fill, after 30 seconds the check water light come on and the machine continues to fill to the point it could overflow out the door.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Roy

Ok in that case this is actually overfilling not underfilling.
This is what is bringing up the error code.

Are you wanting to try and resolve this yourself? It will require some dismantling of the machine. OR, would you prefer an all inclusive quote for the repair? If so, please let me have your post code

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would prefer to reair it myself!

My post code is KA30 9BZ if the cost is not to high

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Roy

OK, can you receheck that model number as thats not listed as valid

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SG45C029GB/06

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Roy
Sorry, thats not right either. It should start with 3 letters!

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SGS45C029GB/06

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Roy
Im sure this is really frustrating for you, but without the correct model number I cant help you.

This number, although it has the three letters at the beginning now, is one digit too long!

I will have to opt out as I will be leaving shortly.

If you can post the correct model number, maybe someone else will be able to find these details for you

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SGS45C02GB/06

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Would you describe the issue as the machine fills as usuall till check water light comes on...pump runs,drains water from machine in spurts ..machine fills again,pump runs again and program never starts?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine on start up pumps out , then strarts to fill, after about 30seconds thecheck water light illuminates and the water continuse to flow in if the door is opened at this point the water flow stops but resumes when the door is again closed. It would continue to fill even when over full and coming out the door.

The fault as described is the flow meter.
Turn the power off to the dishwasher and remove it. Take the top and side panels off.Look where the water inlet is. It goes through the flow meter (also called impeller jug). Unplug and plug it back in at the connector, do it a few times to clean up the connection.
Try the machine again. If still the same, you'll need to obtain and fit a new impellor jug.

http://www.espares.co.uk/search?SearchTerm=424099
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I have tried what you suggested but it was still the same, so I removed the unit and flushed it through, and it seemed to be rotating freely and still it is not working so I have ordered one as you suggested.

Very good. I'll be here if questions arise. Mike