Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Machine not starting - fiddling with dials comes up with message

Machine not starting - fiddling with dials comes up with message code E90 - what does this mean is the problem???
Cathy Watson
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me the model number please. its on the label in the dor recess.

ALso, what happens when you try to select a new wash cycle? Ansy noises or clicks, the display? Does the door lock?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Zanussi washer-dryer Model ZJD 12191

The red on/off button is lit red as usual.

When I try to select a new wash cycle there are no signs of life, it clicks round to new cycle but the machine is making no 'engagement' noises, clicking or anything that sounds like its clicking into action.When I was fiddling with all the buttons before, it flashed up all lights all at once and then a code 'E90' but it's not even flashing up that code now. The door isn't locking when I select any cycle either.

Thanks ...

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cathy

There are two printed circuit boards in the machine.
The error is indicating an error with them.

Are you wanting to try and fix this yourself, orr would you prefer an all inclusive quote for the repair? If so, please let me have the postcode

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Don't think I could do repair. What sort of price would it be to repair, approximately? Would it be better to replace? (it was eight years old in January)

Cathy

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cathy

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

The best price is with British Gas!
They do a fixed price that includes everything, its £125
If youd like to book this, call them on 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>

8 years is a good life for a washing machine, but it really depends on use rather than age.
Also the condition of the machine is important.

I would say that if you use the machine more than 4 times a week, you may be better off buying a new machine

If you need more help, please just ask

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob

- thanks for your help - much appreciated! Will price a new one - I think.

Cathy

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Cathy

Your welcome
I would recommend another Zanussi

Please dont forget to rate, as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today

Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.