Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I have a jura xf70 and it keeps leaking into the drip tray

Customer Question

Hi I have a jura xf70 and it keeps leaking into the drip tray after getting some advice I have replaced the brew group, that worked for a while but it's now started again any ideas
Cheers
Nick
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your coffee maker?
Also when did this first happen?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know how old the machine is, and it started a few weeks ago and I replaced the brew group, which cured it it has now.started again a few days ago

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick, thank you for that info. You need to try a cleaning cycle, do you need instructions for that?
I will help you with this is called descaling.
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi no cleaning/descaling needed as they are automatic and have been done just the other day if anything the leak has got worse since

Cheers

Nick

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Nick,
you still need to run a descale. It is really just a matter of a recipe.
It could be the main processor but it sounds like a clog in the pump tube.
Especially since it worked a bit when you replaced the part.
Please let me know if you need the recipe to do this, also you do need to do it a few times to fix this.

Thank you Nick;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will run both a clean and a descale again but if I'm honest I can't see it being the problem (but that's why I'm talking 2 u as I don't know the problem haha)

Cheers

Nick

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick, thank you for that info.
It sounds like you should replace the element but If this were me even being a technician, I would unfortunately replace the unit altogether, you could get the parts and I can help you do the whole thing, its up to you, what you want to do.
I am here so please let me know if I can be of any further service but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)

Thank you Nick.
Tech Michael