Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

I have a Bosch dishwasher. In last 2 washes at 50, there has

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher. In last 2 washes at 50, there has been a white film left over the china and glassware at the end of the wash. This film can be scrubbed off - the glasses haven't become clouded in all the 13 years we've had the dishwasher. We're using e-cover tablets currently and the 'finish' liquid level is a bit low, but the warning light isn't showing for that. Salt levels are fine.
What is the likely cause of this after-was deposit? Will I need to call an engineer out or is the remedy in my hands?
Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.

Jon :

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Bosch service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

The most common cuase for cloudy or spotty dishware and china is low rinse aid.

Jon :

Even if the rinse aid light is not on, I would first recommned filling the rinse aid then run a few more cycles.

Jon :

The rinse aid will help to wisk away the water and moisture that sticks to the glasses and china and causes the cloudyness.

Jon :

If that doesn't help then I would recommend that you clean out the filters in the machine.

Jon :

Please get back to me here when you are ready and I will help you more.

Jon :

Customer:

Hi, Jon,

Customer:

thank you - the advice about the light not necessarily coming on when the Rinse Aid is

Customer:

empty is most useful as I have always tended to refill it only when reminded by the light.

Customer:

Now I know otherwise! The last cycle worked well so I think (and hope) we have the solution.

Customer:

Penny

Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.
Penny,

Thank you again for the positive rating. it is greatly appreciated. Should you have any other questions please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.