Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hi, I have a Belling cooker model no; XXXXXXXXX Problem I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Belling cooker model no; XXXXXXXXX Problem I have is I cannot control the rings, they are at full heat when turned on and when you adjust the knob it has no effect. I presume a thermostat but just wish to clarify. Please, John
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Did this happen to all rings at the same time or did it happen over a period of time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It happened over a period of time
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

You'll need to obtain and replace the regulators (the switches you turn to bring the element on).

They have failed and instead of switching on and off to control the heat, they are permanently on.

You should be able to search for and find regulators at www.4belling.co.uk

To change them, you have to dismantle the machine, facia and top both have to come off to gain access to them.

If you are unable to do this, you'll need to get someone in to do it for you.

You should also be able to obtain regulators from a local repair shop (if you have one).
If not in stock, they should be able to order them in for you.

Hope this helps
Let me know if you need more help.