KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

i have a bosch exxcel washing machine and its locked with a

Customer Question

i have a bosch exxcel washing machine and its locked with a key showing and shows pause as well.i cant turn on any function.i tried holding on the start/pause botton for 10 sec.but nothing happened .red light flashes on start/pause button.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please. It will be on a sticker on he inside of the door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
dont have sticker anymore.this is an old model of exxcel.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok are you able to pull the washer out as there will be a sticker on the back with the model details on it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no impossible,just tried,its stock on the wall.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok this makes it very hard as some washers have differnet ways of turning the child lock off. As if its showing the key signs its the child lock that's turned on.

Do you have a time delay button on the washer?

If so press and hold this button in for several seconds and see if it takes the lock off.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried to hold the timer for few seconds,didnt work too.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok im afraid this is going to be hard to give an answer without a model number sorry. As cannot see the washer as we are online without the model I have no idea which washer you have sorry.

If you do mange to get someone to pull the washer out just post the model number on here and we will be able to help then.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would l becharge for this? though it did not solve the problem.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No you only pay when you get an answer you are happy with. I havnt given an answer yet so the money you may have paid is still in your account.

Just a thought when you pressed the start button in was the washer turned on at the time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes,its on.should it be off.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No it should be turned on when you do it.

Do you have a finished in button on the display?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok some washers use that button for the child lock.

What buttons do you have on the control panel?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
temp.,dryer,timer and spin
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok the timer button is it a picture of a clock?

If so then select the cycle which it was on before the child lock was turned on

Then press and hold the timer button for several seconds and see if it turns the lock off.

As on some models you need to have the dial set to the cycle it was on before the lock was activated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no,tried it all.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok hard one sorry without a model number.

I will opt out and if another expert can think of another way they will jump in.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

As you do not have the model number can you please try any of these and let me know how it goes:

1. To turn off the Child Lock first turn the dial to 30 degrees & then keep your finger on the start button for 15 seconds & it should go off.

2. If first one did not work then press and hold the temp & spin button together for 10 seconds.

3. Does it have a finish in button..

Let me know if this helps.

Kevin
______________________________________________________________________
Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks