Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Aeg 88810 wont show any power to it

Customer Question

My Aeg 88810 washing machine won't show any power to it. No obvious problems on control board and have tried changing fuse in plug... Any ideas pls?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it and have you tried to use it in a different socket ?

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : It's only 4-5 years old and yes have tried another socket
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, is it completely dead ?

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : Yes
KevinWhiteJA :

have you tried to clean the drain filter pump assembly located inside the bottom front of the unit

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : No i will try that
KevinWhiteJA :

please make sure it is unplugged and then clean it completely

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : Nope - that didn't help.
KevinWhiteJA :

Full Size Image

KevinWhiteJA :

please check this image

KevinWhiteJA :

which part have you already checked ?

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : 006
KevinWhiteJA :

sorry I mean which control you have already checked ?

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : 006
KevinWhiteJA :

This washer has a motor control and a main PCB

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : Ok
JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : What's a pcb
KevinWhiteJA :

the door is closing completely fine ?

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : yes
JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : No led light at all
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, the problem is with the PCB (power control board)

KevinWhiteJA :

which is part number 014B

KevinWhiteJA :

from that image

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost around £185

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : I couldn't see anything obviously wrong with this bit.
KevinWhiteJA :

check the connections from this control to the motor control unit

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also remove the connectors one by one and check the wire harness as well

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : Hmm - nothing obvious. It popped the circuit breaker last night on Ecb board. Anything else it could be? There's no internal fuse is there?
KevinWhiteJA :

no there is no fuse

KevinWhiteJA :

there is a heater element

KevinWhiteJA :

however, if anything apart from the control is bad

KevinWhiteJA :

it usually gives an error code

KevinWhiteJA :

as it is completely dead

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem is more likely the PCB (main control )

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : No - i will try the wires and get back to you
KevinWhiteJA :

OK sure...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : What is the silver cylinder that mains plugs into?
KevinWhiteJA :

which one ? 030 I believe ?

KevinWhiteJA :

This is basically a phase converter

KevinWhiteJA :

if this goes bad it wont work at all

JACUSTOMER-ldq9oh32- : I got the local repair guy in who concluded that there was a problem with the mains cable and connection into the machine. There was a loose/ bad connection? Thanks for the help but it didn't seem to diagnose the right solution this time.
KevinWhiteJA :

Thank You for rating it as Poor Service however, I was not in front of the machine and when I told you to check the problem...anyways good that it is sorted for you but I dont think I deserved this rating...