Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I have a Hotpoint Electric oven model Forno SHS 53 X.

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Electric oven model Forno SHS 53 X. When the oven is set above 180c and reaches temperature it just cuts out with clicking noises and then appears power off as display goes blank and internal light goes off ,, after few minutes (cooling I assume) it clicks a number of times , light inside comes on and display flashes it seems to be something to do with cooling fan / Thermostat ,, is this correct and what should I do ?

Paul
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello Paul,
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is the oven and when did this start to happen?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael its about 15 months old and it started happening a few weeks a go

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Paul, when it starts clicking does the display go out? Also how does the display come back on, do you need to reset the main or will it return shortly after this?
Thank you Paul.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

display goes out after a few seconds of clicking then after about 3 to 42 mins power is resumed automatically , light comes back on onside oven and display starts flashing. I then reset the time and oven continues for few mins then it all happens again. If I am cooking a about 160c with fan assist its all ok ,, this only seems to happen at higher temp (above 180c)

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Paul, this could be the thermostat inside the oven. I would replace that and that should solve the problem;-)
Its easy to do and requires only a screwdriver, I will help you if you need me when you have the part.
Also do you need a source for that part?
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael

Are you pretty sure this is the problem , as I did some searching on the hotpoint site and it also mentioned the possibility that "the cooling fan" may not be working correctly ?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul, I would bet on the thermostat;-)
They fail all the time without warning and will cause this;-)
I will be here for you
Please rate kindly so I can set up the follow ups for you.
And have a great day!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

I have received the new thermostat ,, what do I need to do to fit it

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Please look at eh old one, did you get the one that goes on the rear inside wall of the oven?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael ,

If you look on www.espares.co.uk and search ES831469 you will see what I have received

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that. That part should be inside the oven.
Please look to see if its in there. Sometimes they install that on the top of the oven box right outside of the box, but check inside first and let me know what parts you see in there, do you see a prove looking part up top?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No , inside the oven all I see is the heating element , fan and light

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you,
Yours may in where the main control is located but up top in there, you need to remove back cover to gain access to that area, please make sure the unit is turned off at the mains first.
Let me know how this goes;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks , will take a look and advise , it will be tomorrow now

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thats fine, I will be here for you then;-)
Have a great evening!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem fixed ,, thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
w