Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, Bosch wfd 2473, leak found to be small hole,apparently

Customer Question

Hi, Bosch wfd 2473, leak found to be small hole,apparently in a production line repair

to a 3cm. long split in plastic outer drum . Was going to try Araldite and plastic sheet,

but saw specific product-3M800 tub sealant adhesive- but in USA. Could you please tell

me what you think? very gratefully, Bruce
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bruce,
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your washer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael, have had it from new- 8years

Bruce

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Bruce for that. Usually they don't recommend repairing that problem unfortunately. but in this case if yo have a clear clean place to apply the Araldite and plastic sheet you may be fine;-)
Thats what i would try first as well;-)
I will stick with you until we have tried everything but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Bruce and have a great day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any way that I can find out a specific product?

eg, ask Bosch what they might have used in the first place ?

Best wishes, Bruce

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, that would be a good idea to ask them as they probably have something newer that would help.
Thank you Bruce for rating.
I do know they usually scrap machines when that happens but I will also search my data base for you;-)
I will be in touch once I find something.
Have a good day Bruce!
Tech Michael