KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

we have a GHU 571 model hob. the ignition spark on the central

we have a GHU 571 model hob.
the ignition spark on the central burner is continually sparking. what is causing this?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

I don't know. It was installed in the bungalow when we bought it 4 1/2 yeras ago. The model number is XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX if that helps

KevinWhiteJA :

OK..please send the model number again

Customer:

N. XXXXXXXXXX there was a water spillage on the hob this morning. would that affect it?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is right

Customer:

GHU571SS

KevinWhiteJA :

OK thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

As you have just washed down the stove top then you may have water in it that is making it continue to click. Let everything dry out over night and see if that fixes it. A hair dryer can be used to speed up the process. After this is done check all the switches, if the problem returns then the spark module will require replacement

Customer:

OK will try the hairdryer

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks