Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a baumatic bdi632 dishwasher, the economy neon light

I have a baumatic bdi632 dishwasher, the economy neon light is flashing and the error is supposed to do with the outlet but that is fine, when its switched on the light flashes and the warning bleeps start, when closed it continues bleeping and starts some sort of cycle, stopping after about 2 minutes. If you put water in the base it drains this and you can hear it running down the drain as normal. The filters etc are clean and there is no apparent blockage, the only thing different was I opened the door before the previous cycle had finished and the unit hadn't drained - I didn't realise that until the day afterwards.
Can the unit be re-set? I have unplugged it and tried starting it with the program button down etc. Thanks John
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Where did you check for water in the unit?
Did you remove any panels to check?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Haven't removed any panels, just tried to look underneath but the unit is under the work surfaces so will be difficult to exteriorise, there could be water inside the unit but none has leaked onto floor etc

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

The most likely cause of the problem is water has spilled into the base and activated the anti flood device.

If there's no access panels below the door, the machine has to be taken out to take the side panels off.

The whole idea of the anti flood device is to stop the machine leaking onto the floor, so you should never see water on the floor.

Unplug the machine or turn the power to it off (not the on/off on the machine itself).
Look below the door (take the plinth below the units off).
If there's an access panel, take it off and soak out the water in the base.

If no access panel, you'll need to take the machine out.

Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are 2 plastic panels on the front below the door, set in the metal base, about 8 inches long by 4 inches high - are they access panels? I can try to remove them and look inside

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes,
Turn the power off first.
Take the panels off.
There will be insulation and wiring there, you just need to move it out of your way.

Use a sponge or towels to remove any water in the base.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thats great - I've removed panel and there's water in base - i'll sponge out and what about a hair drier? how dry does it need to be?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
You shouldn't need a dryer.
Just get all the water out and the system will reset.

Good luck with it.

Hope this helped
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brilliant! Has reset, excellent, practical advice, very happy thanks a lot - will teach me not to fiddle with things I know **** all about! And in future the wife can do the washing up!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Glad you got it sorted out and working.

Good luck with the appliance.

If you haven't already done so, I'd appreciate it if you could rate the answer I provided.
It's how I'm paid for my time and efforts.