Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my I robot keeps stopping and said I need to clean my brushes

Customer Question

my I robot keeps stopping and said I need to clean my brushes but they are clean
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today. I have been working with robotics for many years.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your robot?
Also How long will it run ?
And how do you know the brushes need cleaning?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my robot is about 6 years old and it runs for about 2minutes and then it stops when I press the button it says please clean robots brushes

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Sylvia,
Do the brushes look clean?
If so this is very likely a bad battery or the robot may need a good internal cleaning. The entire unit will need to be disassembles and there are lots of small parts. I would really send it in for basic maintenance. This way you dont replace the battery if it is good, If the battery is six tears old its likely just that.
I can tell you the best place send it if you want?
I will stick with you until the robot is working as it should but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Sylvia;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it has a new battery so I know it is not that could you please let me know where to send it for maintenance .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the battery is quite new and I know so I don't think it is that could you please send me details of where to send it foe a maintenance check

thanks Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Sylvia,
Yes the best thing to do is call, the # below.
For Technical Support, please call:0208 8653171 Monday - Friday, 9h - 19h.
Also here is the website as well:
http://www.irobot.com/
I will be here if you need my further.
I have taken many apart for repair and I wouldn't really recommend that work to anyone not experienced in that;-)
But if you have the tools and some parts knowledge I will help you do this.
Thank you Sylvia and have a great day! Hope they cure your robot soon!
Tech Michael