Rick
Rick, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years Service Experience as a technician. Experienced on both High End and regular Appliances
15929851

My dishdrawer dishwasher is making an intermittent beeping

My dishdrawer dishwasher is making an intermittent beeping noise. I have just had a new sink fitted and think that the water to the dishwasher was switched off when it was mid cycle.

Water has been switched on again now and I just get the intermittent beeping noise. Could it be that the dishwasher needs to be reset? How do I do this?

Sarah
Expert:  Rick replied 3 years ago.

Rick :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today

Rick :

Can you plese give me the model number of your dishdrawer so I can assist you better.

Rick :

Does your drawer have a display or is it integrated

Customer: Hi Rick
Customer: Dishwasher is integrated and is
Customer: DS605 or DD605 not sure which
Rick :

with the power off, push the lock button and then the start pause button and hold for 8 seconds, the unit will beep and all the lights inside the drawer should light up

Rick :

Do this and let me know

Customer: Have done it on both drawers but only rinse light on and now red lights above lock and start pause buttons are on
Rick :

press the power button one time and tell me what lights are

Rick :

on

Customer: Have pressed power button and I same lights are on
Customer: dishwasher making intermittent beeping noise
Rick :

Do you know how to remove drawer?

Customer: No
Customer: Should I switch power off
Rick :

on the lower drawer, right behind the front panel, located at the bottom there is a catch you push in, that allows you to push rail back, then you can lift drawer off of rails,

Rick :

if it makes you more comfortable go ahead and turn power off, but not necessary

Customer: Struggling to find catch
Rick :

right behind the panel, the tub is gray, down at the bottom of the tub is a square piece you push in

Rick :

take you time I will be here for some time

Customer: Thank you
Rick :

Do you see the round circle clips?

Rick :

if so the catch is right below that you push in the plastic and lift drawer

Customer: do you mean to left of where u put detergent?
Customer: On outside of drawer
Rick :

on outside of drawer sorry

Rick :

When you pull drawer open all the way and look behind the panel you will see both pieces

Customer: Done it
Rick :

do you see any water on the bottom of the unit, now that the drawer is out of the way

Customer: now what?
Customer: Yes lots
Rick :

now make sure you unplug the unit, and all that water has to be cleaned up

Rick :

Sometimes since the unit had water shut off in the middle of a cycle , the drawer gets confused, and overfills when water is restored. Hopefully that is what has happen.

Customer: The power is off now. Does it need to be bone dry
Rick :

I use a blow dryer to get under the covered area you see

Rick :

Yes it needs to be pretty dry, the water is going to collect under that covered area, because that is where the flood sensor is

Rick :

After wards plug unit back in and run a rinse only cycle on one drawer at a time. As a matter of fact I would do the top drawer first with the lower one still not put in place. That way if it leaks you can see

Rick :

if that drawer passes then go to the next one and do a rinse cycle. If it finshes and the beeping has not come back you are fixed. If beeping comes back, get back on here and let me know and we will run some more test.

Rick :

just please remember to rate my answers when you are done,. that is how I get compensated for the help

Customer: I will definitely rate answer excellent. I just hope I can get drawer back in. I am still drying floor area
Rick :

real easy, pull rails out about half way, sit drawer on top of both rails and close drawer,

Customer: it feels dry to touch now, should I dry with hairdryer
Rick :

i would to be safe

Customer: Rick
Customer: it seems ok, I will rate you now is it ok for me to get back to you later if beeping comes back?
Rick :

Yes it is ok

Rick :

Thank you im glad it is working

Rick, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years Service Experience as a technician. Experienced on both High End and regular Appliances