Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a 32 amp Electric AGA. Yesterday we had the PAV replaced

I have a 32 amp Electric AGA. Yesterday we had the PAV replaced as the relay was clicking on and off during the charging period (making the lights flicker in the house). This morning the same thing has happened. After we boiled a kettle on the hot plate it started the same clicking sound (with a red light in the grill flashing too) and the lights in the house were slightly flickering in time to the clicking sound. Is it our bad luck we have a duff replacement PAV or could it be something else?
The AGA is 10 years old and was installed by AGA technicians at the time and has only ever been looked at by AGA service engineers.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
This is a defective PAV, its shorting out internally and is not safe to use.
They should replace that for you free of charge;-)
I will stick with you until we are sure this is fixed and working correctly. But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It seems strange that the PAV was replaced because it to was clicking on and off and the brand new one is doing the same. Good it be a faulty supply?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter, of it worked for a few minutes with the new PAV I would truly suspect the PAV as bad, but there is always a possibility the power supply is failing as well. When they come out to replace the PAV have them check the power supply for fluctuations while it is running, that will tell them for sure, but they should have know this anyway lol.
I will be here for you, please rate kindly and then I can set up the free follow ups for you;-)
Thanks Peter.
Tech Michael