Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

my washing is still really wet when it comes out of the machine

my washing is still really wet when it comes out of the machine it is a iwme126 1200 spin I have checked filter that's ok I have just moved into my bungalow so don't know about this one at my old house my iindesit was an 1100 and the clothes were really spun can you please give me any advice as to what I can do thanks mrs m parkes
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
When it gets to the spin program, does it empty the water from the machine quickly?

What sort of load did you have in it?

If you select spin only, with nothing in it, does it spin really fast?

If you do this with a load in it, does it spin really fast?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello.

Don't know about water emptying quickly but doesn't seem to spin fast when empty. Im a pensioner on my own so I don't have big loads husband just died so no-one to ask it can't spin fast because it isn't getting clothes spun they aren't dripping but really wet

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, can you try it on spin only now.
Listen to it and see if you hear the speed changing.
It should go in stages and be noticeable.

If you have a small load and it can't balance the load, it won't spin.
If it spins fine empty, then you need to try it with a load that can balance.

You'll know it's not balanced as it will run at distribute speed, try and spin and quickly drop back to distribute speed.

Let me know what happens on the spin when empty.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried the spin on empty id didn't spin fast and it didn't change speeds at all I have used it with various loads but to no avail

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

If it's empty of water (will be if you had the filter out) and it doesn't spin, it suggests a fault with the motor and/or control board.

Sorry, it looks like you have a faulty machine.

Do you get any flashing lights on the machine when it fails to spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The gentleman!!!!!!!! that I bought the bungalow off left no instructions for anything it wouldn't have mattered because nothing worked properly thanks anyway it didn't fail to spin so no flashing lights Mrs Molly Parkes

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If your laundry is dripping wet, it is failing to spin.
As there's no flashing lights to indicate a fault, it points to the motor circuit (there's no error code for a fault in the motor circuit).

If you copy and paste the following into a new browser window it will download a pdf version of the user manual.
It may help.

http://imagebank.indesitcompany.co.uk/brochures_online/pdf/indesit/Laundry/IWME126_19507677600_UK.pdf

If there's nothing in there that helps, it suggests your machine will need repair.

If you have other appliances you need instruction manuals for, let me know and I'll see if I have some of them.

Hope this helps