KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

i have a bosch fridge freezer classixx frostfree. The temperature

i have a bosch fridge freezer classixx frostfree. The temperature lights on the front of the appliance keeps pulsing several times a day even if we don't open a door. sometimes i can make it stop by moving drawers in the freezer section and usually by pressing the super button. this has been going on for 2 months now, i am worried it might suddenly pack in. the appliance is about 7 years old
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

Do you also hear any different sound coming from the unit ?

Customer:

KGU 30605GB fd8602 100311 just the sound of it pulsating

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, it seems the evaporator is iced up...to check it please unplug the appliance, then take the rear panel inside the freezer out and take the fan panel out to expose the evaporator. After this defrost the evaporator..and then plug it back to check if it works fine

KevinWhiteJA :

after this if the problem returns both defrost element and heater should be checked...the part that is bad will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX have to do that tonight as i will be going back to work in one hour. will let you know how i get on.

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure....Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

the evaporator is not iced up, put every thing back. machine was pulsing, red warning light on put frozen food back in. every time i shut the door after plugging and unplugging it would pulsate again. i then left door open with it running for 15 mins. then shut the door, it did not pulsate .just checked, motor not running still warm in freezer and fridge fan not working.

KevinWhiteJA :

the fan motor will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

as it is not running at all

Customer:

my wife can't put up with it any more, going to buy a new one, thanks anyway.

KevinWhiteJA :

Oh ok but I think this can be repaired in like £130.. the fan won't usually come on until the freezer is sufficiently cold enough....so if I was in front of the unit I would have checked the element and the heater first...if they test fine then the fan motor will be replaced

KevinWhiteJA :

on start up the fan should run though for a while

Customer:

the fridge fan does work but not at the moment as nothing is working,looking for new one now.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK....Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied..If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks