Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi, I have a Baumatic BDW 45.1 Dishwasher. The machine

Hi, I have a Baumatic BDW 45.1 Dishwasher.

The machine works so far as switching it on, then selecting a Programme. But the machine does not starting washing! The door is closed properly & the dishwasher has been in use less than 18 months.

Can you please me?!

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

What actually happens when you set it going?

Will it fill with water?

If so once its filled do you hear the wash motor kick in?

If not is there a slight humming noise from the bottom of the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel

As soon as I press the On/ Off Button, there is the a low humming noise. That noise continues until the Button is switched off.

I select a Programme & close the door. Nothing happens. No water coming in or anything. After a short while, the machine bleeps & when I open the door, the display shows an Error Code!

Would you mind if I go & try that now, so that I can give you more detailed information?

Charlotte

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok try that and see what happens.

Also pore water inside the dishwasher and see if it drains the water straight out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel

I will pour water in the bottom

Charlotte

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.
No worries.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel

After 4 to 5 minutes, the machine bleeped continually until I opened the door. Then the Error Code E2 was flashing continually. The entire time there was a constant humming noise from the machine. But no discernable change to indicate the programme had started or was starting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

According to the Manual, Error Code E2 means longer or extended draining time. To the best of my knowledge, it isn't blocked. But if it is, how can I clear a blockage without the machine working?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok E2 is a draining error code. Did it drain the water out from inside the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it didn't

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its not draining and you can hear the humming noise then it looks like the pump is jammed up.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and remove the right hand side panel.

Then scoop out the water form inside the dishwasher.

Then look on the right hand side and you will see the drain pump. It will have the grey drain hose going to the top of it.

Remove the pump and clear out anything that's jammed up in there and make sure the impeller can turn ok.

Once clear refit the pump and retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed this will cure the fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel

I will do what you have advised.

Once I've done that, I will get back to you/ Rate your advice.

Regards & thanks

Charlotte

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

No worries good luck with it.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.