Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Maytag commercial top loader Model MAT 10CSEGW Serial NoNNN-NN-NNNN Motor

Maytag commercial top loader Model MAT 10CSEGW Serial NoNNN-NN-NNNN
Motor rotates for reciprocated movement of centre spindle but only buzzes for reverse rotation to spin tub.
remedy ?
Robert Wharton
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is the washer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not Know the age, may be 10to 12 tears old.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a main control board failure. On that board is a relay for reverse, but in your case the contacts have work out on that part and all you hear is the buzz as the relay activates but the reverse contacts wont make the connection. This can be fixed but you will need to replace the main board. Its easy to do with just a few basic hand tools and I will assist you with that if you would like?
Below is the contact information you will need, and since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Maytag
Genuine Maytag Spares & Accessories
www.4Maytag.co.uk
Order by Phone: 0844 55 72 510
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a second machine and having swapped motors, the fault lies in the motor which has some type of centrifugal switching in it as well as a switch on top. The FMG (manufacturing?) date on it is E96A9 , 1996?

P/N XXXXXXXXX 4, Model C67ZZFGY-4048.

Robert Wharton

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob, when you switched the motors, doesn't it now work?
But yes there is a centrifugal unit in the back part of the motor but that usually wont affect this.
Please let me know.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Second motor worked in first machine. First motor dysfunctional, and is now only starting if encouraged by pulling the belt to initiate rotation.

Robert Wharton

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thats a rare problem but what you have is a weak motor. It really has nothing to do with the centrifugal clutch.
What the centrifugal unit does is it helps provide extra power on start up is all.
The motor itself, the magnets and the winding are to blame here for this problem, Unfortunately the motor is not worth fixing:-(
So the other unit, if you want to get it going would need a replacement motor.
Please let me know if you need a source?
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)

Thank you XXXXX