Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My dishwasher has started to show the error message F2 which

Customer Question

My dishwasher has started to show the error message F2 which I understand is a waste pipe problem. This morning I have tried to start a new wash and wasn't needing to get rid of waste but the F2 message came up and the programme would not start. I put some water in the bottom of the machine ( a small amount) and the machine seemed to get rid of it but then when trying to start again it put the error message up again.
Any ideas what I should do as I am reluctant to disconnect any pipes in case I do more damage.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, when you try to start a new cycle, do you hear the drain pump running constantly?
If so, does it stop if you open the door?
Also, is this fully integrated or can you pull it out?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is fully integrated.

Yes I do hear the drain pump running and then it starts beeping but more than the usual 5 to signal the end of a cycle. On opening the door all lights are flashing and F2 shows.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Elaine
Great

It sounds like the machine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Remove the lower kick panel.

Look in there, it should be dry and I think its wet

Carefully dry this out.

The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .

If you need more help, please just ask.

In the meantime

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Elaine

Hows it going?

Do you need more help or is it ok now?

If its OK, please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today

Rob