Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hotpoint tvm 570 tumble drier - Squeaking sound coming from

Customer Question

Hotpoint tvm 570 tumble drier - Squeaking sound coming from the back, get quite loud. When I push the back plastic support panel in it stops. What could be causing the noise?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Have you checked the belt ?

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

Two years old. No, how do I check the belt?

KevinWhiteJA :

Can you remove the back to check the belt

KevinWhiteJA :

also if you check there is a idler roller that give the belt the correct tension . unplug dryer and remove idler roller see if it spins freely

KevinWhiteJA :

If you want to do this yourself...check this Video ...this will give you an idea on how its done

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

Trying now. Thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

Can't actually remove the back. Its a different model to the video. I have unscrewed everything but the back won't slide out without damaging the back panels.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, then remove the top off and the side panels should come out

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

I have removed the screws at the top but there are none at the front end so it wont come off.

KevinWhiteJA :

Is there a small back panel with screws like the shape of belt ?

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

Yes. Remove that?

KevinWhiteJA :

you can remove that and then plug the unit back..turn it on and check where is the sound coming from...and if the drum turns fine

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

I have unscrewed that panel but it wont come off even with force.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK...what about the drum if you turn it manually ... is it freely moving ?

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

yes but quite stiff. A

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

ways has been.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, well then either the roller or the belt bearing itself is causing this

KevinWhiteJA :

there are screws at the top.. please check closely

KevinWhiteJA :

if you remove them you can side out the panels to gain access to the drum

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

I have removed the screws at the top back but there are no others and the top wont come off.

KevinWhiteJA :

there are two screws at the back that have to be removed to take the top off

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

I have removed them but the top will still not come off

KevinWhiteJA :

OK then it is better to get it done through someone...the problem is either the belt bearing or the roller

KevinWhiteJA :

the drum belt looks fine

JACUSTOMER-rm292u4z- :

thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

Well you are unable to remove the screws so how is it Poor Service ?

KevinWhiteJA :

The top panel comes off easily