Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

the top door of our competence 3215v has cooker has become

Customer Question

the top door of our competence 3215v has cooker has become loose, please could you advise method of fixing, it appears to be a gel
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
I'm not sure who you were talking to but please explain this to me so I can help you correctly.
Is the door loose? If so please explain exactly what the issue is and I will help you fix this;-)

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the drop down small glass door has two open ended "grab" fittings which seem to have been held by a gel, have worked loose and I need to know what gel I need to re-fix

Paul

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Paul, to be sure is it the hinges that are falling off?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, I have no problem with the glass held on by the 2 screws at the top were it divides for cleaning, it is the outer glass pane that needs re-fixing to the inner one.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Paul,
What the manufacturer sells a gel but its expensive and not even as good as high temp epoxy you can get at any auto part or hardware store;-)
Thats the way I would fix that.
Its cheaper and works better.
I will stick with you and advise you about this when you pick up a tube, its a 2 part epoxy, just ask them they will know what you need.
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you hope that helps Paul.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Paul

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your very welcome, let me know how it holds up and have a great weekend!
Tech Mike