Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a bosch strimmer with nicad battery, bought last year.

Customer Question

I have a bosch strimmer with nicad battery, bought last year. I soon had problem with battery failing to charge properly. Charger's flashing light stopped flashing after brief time but battery not charged. Bosch examined equipment and returned it saying they had charged my battery satisfactorily and this appeared to be the case. Now I'm back to square one with it.

What can Bosch do with my battery that I can't?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi good afternoon,
may I have the model #?
Bosch would replace the battery but first we need to determine if its the charger or the battery for sure;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bosch strimmer ART26 Accutrim

Is that the number you require? Other numbers given on label.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Colin, yes thats the one.
With that unit, the batteries have been not so good in the past. But Bosch has fixed the issue, they aren't warrantying that will send you a replacement for a fee, but they will likely give you a discount due to this issue;-). Its not a charger issue but is a bad battery.
If you need a source for them please let me know, I will locate that for you as well.
I will stick with you until you have resolve for this but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Colin and have a great weekend!
Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please supply source as offered.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Please provide your country and state so I can help you with that as well.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I live in Herefordshire, England (UK)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I will check this for you on Monday in the morning;-)
Have a great night.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's now Tuesday morning and I'm still awaiting promised information regarding Bosch battery source.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry for the delay. We had a bad storm here and no power;-(
But here is who you need to call for that.
Espares:
0844 9777 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
t