canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

hi, I got no power in my fridge (Ive noticed when Ive came

Customer Question

hi, I got no power in my fridge (I've noticed when I've came back from work). I've changed the fuse and checked cables and socket. Any ideas? please... I got full fridge.... THX IN ADVANCE(lec r5026w
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Have you plugged something else into the socket to confirm there is power there?

canuck the pro :

Is the thermostat dial turned to 0?

Customer:

Hey, it's maxed out on 5, kettle worked fine :(

canuck the pro :

You plugged the kettle into the same socket the fridge is plugged?

Customer:

It's there a defrost setting or something like that on this model?

Customer:

Yes

canuck the pro :

It automatically defrosts. Is there any water in the bottom?

canuck the pro :

Inside?

Customer:

Not yet,

canuck the pro :

Is there any ice forming on the back? Does the light turn on when you open the door?

Customer:

No light, nor ice at the back

canuck the pro :

Is there any noise at all from it? Compressor humming?

Customer:

No sound at all

canuck the pro :

What fuse did you replace? Fuse in the plug?

Customer:

Yes the plug one

canuck the pro :

Do you have a multi-meter and do you know how to use it?

Customer:

Doesn't ring a bell

canuck the pro :

It is a tool for checking voltages. Did the old fuse look like it was burnt out? Can you see a filament in the fuse?

canuck the pro :

I just have to think it is something very simple. How sure are you that the new fuse is a good one? Fresh out of the package?

Customer:

After keeping it open for 5 min, the compressor started to make a noise again (the usual one) still no light thou, guess light bulb is out...

canuck the pro :

Well that would be great. If you close the fridge door and leave it closed for a bit does it start? Maybe not starting because the door is open, eh?

Customer:

I had it open and closed for like 10 min each time as soon as I realized something was wrong

Customer:

But now it looks like it was defrosting and now just going back to normal

canuck the pro :

Great! Possibly the fuse is fitted a little loose or the cover on the fuse.

Customer:

I'm sorry I'm feeling like I wasted your time - I will pay for it ofc

Customer:

I'll check that your right away

canuck the pro :

No waste of time at all. I really like to help.

Customer:

Check that out

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber
Thank you for the excellent rating! You can still ask questions about this if something comes up. I will always respond. (You can also request me exclusively on your next new question too just mention me in the title of your question) Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You very much for Your help!

You are so very welcome.