Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Good Morning My Whirlpool dishwater has stopped mid cycle and

Good Morning My Whirlpool dishwater has stopped mid cycle and is beeping. Tried stopping and restarting to no avail - appears stuck. Any ideas welcome? Thanks Katie
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also is the start light flashing?

If so count the number of flashes from it inbetween the pause and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure if this the right number - ADG957.

Start light is flashing constantly.

Also prewash light is on.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so there isn't a pause inbetween the flashes then, This must be an older dishwasher.

Lets reset it and see if it clears the control unit.

Press and hold the start button in for several seconds and this should bring the pump on and reset the control unit.

Once it stops turn the dishwasher off.

Then turn back on again and retry a wash cycle and see what happens. Fingers crossed it just needs a reset.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel T

Reset worked! Put machine on and is now running. Fingers crossed hopefully it will run for whole cycle. Any idea why fault occurred?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Nice one.

Im afraid if its not showing the error code it could have been anything. A drop in the water level could have caused or a blockage.

See how it goes but if it goes again get back to me and we can try a test cycle and see how it goes from there.

If after rating if it goes again you can still come back to me on this and you wont pay again.