Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Zanussi washer-dryer WJD 1667 W and read that I can

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi washer-dryer WJD 1667 W and read that I can put the detergent dispenser drawer in the dishwasher to get it clean. If that is so, can I put the nameplate in as well - if not, how do I remove it from the drawer.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
You can put the detergent draw in the dishwasher for cleaning and that is a good idea;-)
But the name plate could be affected and come out worse. I would just spray it with some ammonia based cleaner and then scrub it a bit with a scotch brite pad.
Did you need to know how to remove the draw?
I will stick with you until you are sure you have no further questions but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you and have a great Sunday:-)
Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please I do need to know how to remove the name plate. Unfortunately I had forgotten I had asked this question before and that I have a spare detergent drawer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You confirmed that I may put the name plate in the dishwasher.

However you did not tell me how to remove the name plate - you mentioned that this may take some time and asked me to rate your service which I did. I hope that I will be hearing your answer very shortly. Many thanks..

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Pam, I said you could put the tray in the Dishwasher not the nameplate.
If you recall I said :"But the name plate could be affected and come out worse. I would just spray it with some ammonia based cleaner and then scrub it a bit with a scotch brite pad."
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I got that wrong - but I really do want to know how to remove the name plate then I will put it on the new detergent drawer.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, the name plate if it is attached to the draw, that one can go in the dishwasher by not removing it from the detergent draw.
So no worries there, i thought you were talking about an external one on the unit as some do have that and those only are not good to put in the dishwasher.So you should be just fine;-)
Hope that helps?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. Yes thank you that is useful to know that the whole drawer can go in the dishwasher. But I would still like you to tell me how to take off the name plate that is clipped on to the actual drawer so that I can then use the replacement one. Many thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pam,
the name plate is affixed either by clips at the back of the plate or it may be glued on.
They made a few different types like this.
I will look for you on Monday when the shop I use is open. If you can send me a pic of yours on here it would be helpful;-)
Thanks Pam
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael

I think the name plate is affixed by clips. However I was really pleased with the cleanliness of the drawer after it had been in the dishwasher so it is not so important to know how to take the name plate off although it would be useful to have this knowledge.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pam, I checked that this morning for you yes it is held on by round clips.
Its not meant to come off, the only reason is that if it broke.
Also if you ever do remove it, the clips would need to be replaced and likely the little plastic tabs would break.
Im happy all turned out good:-)
Have a great day, and if you need me further please let me know.
Tech Michael, Always happy to help!