Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hi all, I have a Siemens S9LT1S dishwasher (SE25M570GB/17

Hi all, I have a Siemens S9LT1S dishwasher (SE25M570GB/17 FD8409) and it will not start as there is no display on the front panel. I've checked the normal stuff like plug fuse etc. There was a little more than normal water in the base so I thought it was blocked. I removed and cleaned the filters and checked the little fan thing under the cover and it was all clear. I then removed the right hand side panel and used the red switch to remove the water. I then manually added a few jugs of water into the base and using the red switch it all pumped away without any issue. I did notice that when using the red switch it's operation could be stopped by pressing the power button on the front panel so the power there looks to be OK. Does anyone know why the front panel digital display is blank and what I could look at to resolve the issue and get the dishwasher working again? Many thanks.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Unplug the appliance.
Take the facia panel off and take the control board out.
Take the circuit board out of the casing.
Is it burned?
Are there dry/burned joints at one of the relays?

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I assume I just need to remove the screws on the inner edge of the door to remove the front panel?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If it's an integrated machine you'll need the décor door off first.

If it's free standing, you take the screws holding the facia out.
Check the sides for screws too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is nothing that jumps out at me as wrong. No blown capacitors etc....

circuit board

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

...but then when I've eventually figured out how to remove the control panel I get to see the underside of the PCB and here we have it......

looks like one of the 12VDC relays has blown. I don't think just replacing the relay is an option as I don't know what damage has been done to the other components on the board. Any idea where I can get a new control panel?

circuit burnout

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, it's definitely blown.

Copy and paste the following into a new browser window.

http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es761732/dishwasher-control-module?SearchTerm=498444

Bosch, Neff and Siemens are all the same company so they all use the same parts.

Given the cost of the part, I'd suggest checking British Gas for their fixed price repair. It includes all parts and labour.
For £125 they'll come and sort it out, so if there's an underlying fault, you won't destroy a £140 board. (British Gas might, but it won't cost you).

If they can't fix it, they don't charge.

Check it out, see what you thing.

Good luck with the repair.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One last daft question as I haven't used the BG service before and just looking for a general opinion. Should I stick it all back together again and play dumb or leave it apart to save the engineer the time in finding the fault?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Put it back together.

Some engineers can be quite , emm, can't think of a polite word, and refuse to work on appliances if they've already been apart.

Just tell them it's died.
They'll come and see the machine, diagnose the fault and order the part.

I know it's a pain but if they cover your area, you're going to save money on the repair and, you'll have a 12 month warranty on the repair.
You get no warranty from parts suppliers if an engineer doesn't fit the parts.