Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Tricity Bendix Town & Country SI530D ovens and time do not

Customer Question

My Tricity Bendix Town & Country SI530D ovens and time do not work. How do I confirm it is the timer that has broken?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
That is a direct indication that the timer or(as its called the main control) is faulty.
I will help you replace them its pretty easy to do with only a few basic hand tools;-)
The best lowest cost place to get the replacements is Espares:
0844 9777 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
I will stick with you until this task is complete and the ovens are functioning as they should but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its my first time on this service, so can you advise the next step now in helping me to get to an answer. To help you, I have already given you a rating so far.

Many Thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris, all you do now is order the parts, when they come in, you can get back with me by replying to this letter and I will assist you in any way I can, no additional cost for that;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you explain how I can access the Controller so I can measure the inputs and outputs of the possibly faulty Controler to confir it is fauty?, only I do not want to buy the £100 replacement part unless I am very sure that is the fault, AND know how to get to it and replace it.

Chris

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris, The way to tell, is very simple with this model. If you have power to the top burners but no clock, then the controller is bad. To open the unit look for screws, usually in the back on the cover. But some are affixed from the from. With that model they did this two ways because they have two the same but different styles, so you need to look well. If you can sent me a pic or two I may be able to help you better. Also Monday, I may be able to locate a diagram for you as you also can ask Espares for on as well.They may even have a video available online they can direct you to:-) Hope that helps. Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I have checked the cooker back and found those are hinge points, so the hob and possibly the control panel must all be secured from the front. I have removed the 3 screws facing upwards just in front of the upper oven, after opening the top oven door. It still does not lift, unless I should be forcing it?. I tried then removing the 4 screws that hold the plate that hold the top oven rubber door seal. Still the control panel does not move. Any suggestions? I had already been on Easyspares web site and other sites for videos and online advice before consulting you, so hence the original ask to you.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
like I was saying the place use for that is closed on Sunday but I should be able to tell you more on Monday. But did these both fail at the same time?
thanks
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot be sure, as I have not used the Upper oven for some time.

I have also checked. There are no visible screws visible on the cooker sides, Also I have not been able to remove the side panels, though I did remove a couple of screws at the cooker back that enable part of the side panel to come away, but still not enough to show how the top is held down.

Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow after the spares sites Customer Services are open for help.

Will then buy the spare part once I know how to change it.

Cheers

Chris

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Chris have a nice day!
Tech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
r